MY PAYPAL SIGN IN PAGE IN SPANISH NOW ??

7yearseller
Contributor
Contributor

Yesterday, everything I saw when signing in was suddenly in Spanish.

It is still in Spanish today.

Will a moderator please address this?? I need for it to be in English.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Andy

Sorry I didn't see your post until today 7yearseller.  If you haven't gotten this resolved yet, what you need to do is clear your internet cache and cookies.  I'm thinking you picked up a localized language cookie from a website and now when you access PayPal it thinks that you speak the language indicated on that cookie.  Once you clear those things out (and if you don't know how to, a search online based off of your internet browser will get you an answer pretty quick), you should be good to go (it may also require you to restart your computer).

Andy

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

PayPal_Andy

Sorry I didn't see your post until today 7yearseller.  If you haven't gotten this resolved yet, what you need to do is clear your internet cache and cookies.  I'm thinking you picked up a localized language cookie from a website and now when you access PayPal it thinks that you speak the language indicated on that cookie.  Once you clear those things out (and if you don't know how to, a search online based off of your internet browser will get you an answer pretty quick), you should be good to go (it may also require you to restart your computer).

Andy

Login to Me Too

7yearseller
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you. Actually, I saw a place on Paypal, top right of the page for language. I had never seen it before, so that enabled me to change it right away.

Login to Me Too

7yearseller
Contributor
Contributor

Andy,

I was just reading in Paypal again, and I copied this to paste here to get a moderator to confirm exactly what this means.

Can held funds be used to pay for shipping?

If you print labels and pay for shipping through PayPal or eBay, the cost of the label will be released from your pending balance shortly after you print the label.

This is stating 'shortly after' not upon receipt of the item by the plus 3 days or when seller leaves fb.

Could this actually mean just what it says, that we pay for the label on Paypal, print, and 'shortly' as in hours, the amount of the label will be released to the seller? It is definitely stating that, but what exactly do they mean by 'shortly'?

Could you please help us on this? This would make a tremendous difference in being able to offer more, to have more sales that we can ship making us money but also making Paypal and eBay more.

I am fine with the hold on the price paid for the item purchased until delivery is confirmed by Paypal, but to have the shipping amount released means being able to sell and ship freely without concern of keeping funds set aside for a month or so of shipping.

I have so many things to sell, but I am not listing because I was under the impression all of the payment was held. This does state otherwise though. We can list a lot more items if we know our shipping amount is released 'shortly' after the label is printed. That means more listing fees, FVF for eBay, and transaction fees for Paypal.

Thank you.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Andy

7yearseller- You are exactly correct.  I think I answered this questions somewhere here on the boards, but sorting through 900+ posts- not the easiest thing to do. 🙂 

When using PayPal shipping, our system releases the amount of the shipping from the held payment, usually a few seconds after you create the label; at most within 24 hours.  So you would have to pay for the label to begin with, but ultimately it would be returned to you well before the item has been delivered (or sent in most cases).

I will say that occasionally....gremlins, we'll go with that....can creep in and stop this from working correctly, but by and large your shipping costs would be released from the holds early.  Ebay shipping should allow the funds to be released as well, but again...gremlins. 😉

Hope that answers your concerns.

Andy

Login to Me Too

7yearseller
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you, Any. If this is the case, it would be good to state the facts about this when a new seller comes on thinking all of it is 21 day or thinking, in reference to being told all monies are held, then a wait  3-4 days for release once delivery is confirmed.

Andy, if you know this beyond a reasonable doubt, would you please post from time-to-time so all of this effort and time goes into something more useful than complaining about something when the actual fact is right in front of me/them. I know many have said 'read the agreement', and we should, but nowhere in there does it address in a good, usual transaction that the shipping funds will be released and when.

I was told this by Paypal CS, although the man said the label money amount for purchases would be released "to use at that time for paying for the label." He was sure he was right..... but, again you are stating within seconds to possibly 24 hours.  Then another told me all funds are held until the delivery confirmation plus 3 days. You can see why the people on here are so upset. They are not getting the same answers from person-to-person at Paypal. 

But you are actially confirming 

1. Buyer pays. We print label through Paypal with the seller funding the label price themselves at that time.

2. Within seconds of the label being printed, the amount of money from that transaction that is shipping is released to the sellers PP account...again within seconds but no later than 24 hours meaning we will be able almost immediately to start the transfer of the shipping money back to our checking.

You can see why there seems to be so much confusion. I posted a reply to someone yesterday quoting what another PP employee had stated about the no release until 3-4 days after the delivery is confirmed. I gave incorrect information based on being told that by a PP employee if they have the information wrong and you are right. Because of different answers, I know I am very confused.

If this is the actual Paypal's policy, wouldn't it be better to state this on the board even once a day, so incorrect information will be overriden by your 'facts' post.  Some do really need the income from 'that sale', and I can see why seeing or knowing that, Paypal/eBay would have to be more careful. I would imagine wih 23 million sellers (saw that on here), a lot of them have defaulted in delivery once they had the money. For that reason, this is completely understandable.

If we 100 percent know we can trust the funds to be released from seconds to 24 hours after printing the label, there should be no problem for those who are using this for supplemental income knowing the label cost can be back in their account quickly. Trust is a major factor in taking our bank funds (intended for elec, food, etc) to pay for the label and believing Paypal will actually follow though with what you have stated the way it works. With 3 different answers to the same question, we don't know which to take as the absolutely accurate information.

I eagerly await your reply and confirmation that this is, without a doubt, the time element of seconds to 24 hours for shipping money to be released.

Thank you.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.