How do I get my money back?

professa
Contributor
Contributor

Through an error on my part, I mistakenly sent a $400.00 dollar payment to PAYPAL BUYER CREDIT account using my banks bill pay mistaking it for a way to transfer money to my regular PAYPAL account.

the problem is that I do not have a PAYPAL BUYER CREDIT or smart Connect account,  however the check still cleared my ccount and $400 was taken out of my account.

I have called to try and clear up this matter with your customer service manager, and was directed to send fax correspondence to an isolated department that I have no way of knowing who recieved my response since they have no direct phone numbner to call.

I sent the fax documents showing the transactions and my account statement  to the Payment Issues department as instructed and have not heard anything since the fax went through on the 08/11/2011  this week.

Since I do not have a Smart Connect account and my $400 has been deposited with PAYPAL BUYER CREDIT despite the fact that I have no account, can someone help me resolve this dilemma

Since I am not sure why the check was processed on 08/09/2011 at 7:08  am considering there was no account owned by me to depost it to upon reciept.

If someone can assist in investigateing this matter further I would certainly appreciate it. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

professa
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, (GE)  actually responded quicker than I thought in returning the money once I faxed my info to the right fax number last week!

The biggest problem bar non encounterd, was the amount of automation one has to endure with their CRM over see's response system.

I got tired of repeating my story after 5 minutes of battling pre-call automated voice prompts and questions, and since I did not have an actual account which the system practically demands before you can even speak to a real person I was incessantly  delayed over and over until the syste either hung up on me or transfered me to a real person.

The reason for the delay in crediting my account  was because I was given the wrong information from a lousy customer servive rep. who cold transfered me the second after she spewed out the wrong number, not allowing me to confirm the number that she provided. I don't know what fax number was given but the fax went somewhere, just not to GE!

She was allegedly a supervisor or manager who had the inside track beieve it or not. Finally, after I had a few hours to kill one day I called again to see if the contact info and fax number I was given was correct having heard nothing from GE, and of course it was'nt to dismay. The first time around. It's funny how dealing with customer service can be like getting a box of chocalates as forest gump would say " you never know what your going to get!"     

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Welcome to the boards!

When a bill pay funds transfer takes place, the funds are placed in the recipients account without them having an opportunity to "accept" it.  It's quite possible GE MoneyBank (the company that manages PayPal Smart Connect) will eventually kick it back, you'll want to reach out to them to find out more about the transfer and its return.  The PayPal Community Help Forums moderators don't have access to account specific details, and most definitely can't access GE MoneyBanks records.  This article has a direct number for Smart Connect (aka Buyer Credit):

http://bit.ly/qR7wuN

Thanks!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too
Solved

professa
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, (GE)  actually responded quicker than I thought in returning the money once I faxed my info to the right fax number last week!

The biggest problem bar non encounterd, was the amount of automation one has to endure with their CRM over see's response system.

I got tired of repeating my story after 5 minutes of battling pre-call automated voice prompts and questions, and since I did not have an actual account which the system practically demands before you can even speak to a real person I was incessantly  delayed over and over until the syste either hung up on me or transfered me to a real person.

The reason for the delay in crediting my account  was because I was given the wrong information from a lousy customer servive rep. who cold transfered me the second after she spewed out the wrong number, not allowing me to confirm the number that she provided. I don't know what fax number was given but the fax went somewhere, just not to GE!

She was allegedly a supervisor or manager who had the inside track beieve it or not. Finally, after I had a few hours to kill one day I called again to see if the contact info and fax number I was given was correct having heard nothing from GE, and of course it was'nt to dismay. The first time around. It's funny how dealing with customer service can be like getting a box of chocalates as forest gump would say " you never know what your going to get!"     

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.