Dont want to get verified

tj_thompson79
Contributor
Contributor

I don't want to get verified but it wont let me pay for my items from eBay.  I haven't reached my limit yet what's going on.....

Login to Me Too
264 REPLIES 264

abusedcustomer
Contributor
Contributor

I just filed my complaint with the FTC. Please do the same. https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/  Thanks.

Login to Me Too

triathlyn
Contributor
Contributor

I did the same; use that link and submit complaint to FTC!!

Login to Me Too

abusedcustomer
Contributor
Contributor

I hope to heck this is my last post.  As I went to close my account it occurred to me they put $1.95 charge on my credit card, then "refunded" that into my paypal acct. If I leave they service they keep my $1.95 even after they lied to me and that's why I opened the new acct causing the $1.95 'verification' process.

To get a "refund" of this money they took, you can't use a PO Box even if that's the address your credit card statement goes to. Their refund website rejects the PO Box address they are asking me for (my credit card billing address).

Then they offered me a form I could FAX back to them with a copy of a utility bill. TO GET MY $1.95 BACK. Seriously? This is so obviously contrived to make people give up and leave the $1.95 with PayPal.

I called and insisted they find a way WITHOUT me faxing and get this....... THEY WANTED MY BANK DETAILS TO GIVE ME THE REFUND. INTO MY BANK ACCOUNT.  That's why I've leaving in the first place -- this artificial 'verification' nonsense so they can get attached to our bank accounts.

After much digging the rep finally found a way to simply put the $1.95 back on my creit card (or so they say....geez I hope they do this, I want to be done with this company).

Login to Me Too

Interloper
Contributor
Contributor

If you're mainly concerned about protecting funds I'm not sure of the laws in your area but here I can open as many bank accounts I want and leave $5 bucks in them without any fees or penalties. Those of you on here verifying a bank account aren't using your main account are you? In their requests PayPal doesn't say if they care about what's in it. Aside from an instance like this it doesn't hurt to have an empty account laying around for other purposes. You might want to fund something some day with an entity that you don't entirely trust.

Login to Me Too

triathlyn
Contributor
Contributor

When I completely evaluated why use Pay Pal at all, I could come up with NO reason to do so. They are 'so over' with me. So, ask yourself "WHY do I even use it?" And now, time to move on....<wink>

Login to Me Too

Pole_Position

This just happened to me today - I reached the $10000 limit and they want me to get verified. Well, I have this to say: no !@#$ing way! PayPal went from being cool to cr@p in one fell swoop!

Login to Me Too

desertdawg
Contributor
Contributor

This is a complete, steaming crock.....I just tried to pay a seller the money I owe them and have been told, like other posters on this thread, that because I've been a steady user (CUSTOMER) of ebay and paypal I can no longer use paypal without supplying them will all kinds of info they do not need and are not entitled to. I must give them private banking information OR...OR...(and this is just perfect) I can eliminate the security risk to my banking info by simply getting a Paypal Credit card.  I hit the roof when I read this. 

This reeks of a strongarm effort to get people to sign up for paypal credit cards, period.  I have been using my credit card (have two, don't need a third) for years and have enjoyed the services of paypal, but I'm putting my own "hold" on my account....I'm not buying or selling anything on Ebay unless this stupid and shortsighted policy is stopped.

I'm being punished and abused for being a good customer for all these years....amazing!

Desertdawg

Login to Me Too

pugsy
Contributor
Contributor

Hi have All you PayPal users,verified or not,have you wondered Where All that Information is Going? you will be surprised at what PayPal do with All that user info,even if you close your PayPal account,the information they hold on you,buying,selling,is All stored on a Information Bank,you have been warned?Man Mad

Login to Me Too

dainadear
New Community Member

I just hit my 10k limit and am being informed that I need to be verified in order to keep using paypal.  Why after 4 years of paypal use would I possibly need to change my status?  As if I want to put my checking account information and access in the hands of ANYONE-  Nor do I want to another credit card...I guess if I want to keep using paypal I will cancel access to the cc currently linked to paypal and use my other card.  How annoying and how  stupid to reward your good customers who clearly are able to pay their accounts (by the fact that they have paid 10k) by being rude to them off with unwarrented demands on their privacy.  Really good marketing plan.

Login to Me Too

ttttttttttttttt
Contributor
Contributor

People, They will loose money if we do not make any transaction with them, lets do our transaction direct or using another way.....NO MORE PAYPAL.

We have to email Ebay to look for another way to pay or they will loose money too.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.