Dont want to get verified

tj_thompson79
Contributor
Contributor

I don't want to get verified but it wont let me pay for my items from eBay.  I haven't reached my limit yet what's going on.....

Login to Me Too
264 REPLIES 264

fierymadness

This seems too shady for me to just give pay pal my info.  dont know why its not good enough using credit card info.  is it possible for me to just close out my account then recreate a new one?  

Login to Me Too

triathlyn
Contributor
Contributor

Whew, guess I just got REALLY lucky! They gave it to me my way, after extended calls. Good luck! Just use Bill Me Later. It's their service w/out the bull**bleep**

Login to Me Too

karash90
Contributor
Contributor

I've been Verified before but had to close that account, but did not tell them that my bank was closed. I have not made an online purchase since. SO unless they tried to charge me for something, they shouldnt know that my account was closed. This is just shady business to me. I have to send a payment outside of ebay, so the bill me later option isnt open to me. What the holy **bleep**, paypal!

Login to Me Too

temp11142011x

You are all morons.

Login to Me Too

JIMMYDO
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for your carefully crafted reply. Be sure to look in your mirror.
Login to Me Too

Darty

I also do not wish to get verified -- in this day and age it's hard to know who or what to trust and since I live on a very small pension, I don't wish, nor can I afford, to take any changes with my personal information.

Login to Me Too

JIMMYDO
Contributor
Contributor
You made the right move. The more personal information pay pal has the more info they can sell and share with others. Just look at face book and it's promises of privacy. Facebook quickly broke it's promises and sold data. Pay pal call center treats it's customers like dogs. I refuse to heal to their commands. Sell E bay short!! Concerned.
Login to Me Too

PlainJW
New Community Member
PayPal, owned by eBay, has frozen my account because I reached my "SENDING LIMIT" of $10,000.00. If I have purchased $10,000.00 worth of goods, where are they ??? They have refused to allow me to make any purchases on eBay until I either: A) Acquire a PayPal Credit card @ 27%, B) Submit banking information from my checking or savings account, C) Submit my Social Security number. After 13 years on eBay and at the age 71, I can not afford their credit card, a special checking account at $120.00 a year and I'll be **bleep** if I will submit my Social Security number over the Internet. This "SENDING LIMIT" does not only apply to eBay, but to any Internet seller who uses PayPal. I have tried many, many times to contact both eBay and PayPal, with no return reply. Both eBay and PayPal have a fire wall that is extremely difficult to penetrate. There seems to be many new policy changes to increase fees, both for the buyer and seller. Is this just another way of squeezing profits from their customers, to increase the executives yearly bonuses ??? EBay & PayPal a Monopoly ????
Login to Me Too

Jake2406
New Community Member

I also just received the email that I must get "verified" after using ebay/PayPal for over 10 years.  I will not provide anyone with my personal bank account information and I do not need an additional credit card.  Apparently I'm in the same situation as many others in that they cannot purchase from ebay unless the vendor takes outside credit cards.  I guess that after spending almost $10,000 on ebay, they are not getting enough money in fees from my credit card and want more.

Login to Me Too

speedytoo
Contributor
Contributor

My reason not to get verified is that I only use a credit card for transactions (usually paying for construction industry meetings and event registrations) and I never have a balance.  The amount is deducted immediately from the card.  No card no payment.  Why tie to an unrelated bank account?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.