Dont want to get verified

tj_thompson79
Contributor
Contributor

I don't want to get verified but it wont let me pay for my items from eBay.  I haven't reached my limit yet what's going on.....

Login to Me Too
264 REPLIES 264

triathlyn
Contributor
Contributor

Prior to one month ago, I would not touch craigslist! But when my newbie Triathlete trainees began buying their entry level bikes there, I took another look. cragislist gives you instant access to a quick, cash, LOCAL transaction!One of my athletes caught a really sweet Tri Bike just as it was posted; it was an incredible deal and he was first there with the cash!

I recently purchased a gas fireplace insert and had a lovely wrought iron Fireplace Set I thought I'd try to sell, with cragislist. Voila! 3 days, and I had a cash buyer; no dickering. Price is price. Then sold some designer jeans. craigslist moves your items FAST with cash! I'm now using it, before going to ebay. Its good for services; everything!

Login to Me Too

jwoo7574

Why does pay0pal keep pushing the verification issue?  You're not getting my bank account info, OK?  Sh*t!

Login to Me Too

Kheris
New Community Member

Nice meeting you all and realizing that the buzzsaw I just ran into with account verification is not just about me.  I am done with PayPal.

Login to Me Too

seriouslybummed
Contributor
Contributor

Wow, I thought I must be imagining my current experience with PP until I read all these posts. I have news for ya'll: getting verified is merely the start of your nightmare, so if you can, run like **bleep** now.

Bit

I've had 2 premier, verified accounts for about 10 years, one buiness and one personal. Both are linked to bank accts and always have been.  My nightmare started with an email that looked just like the scammers who pretend to be PP, wanting me to log in to my biz acct and then change my password. One of the links started http instead of https, just like the scammers. So I opened a new window and typed in the usual address instead of using any of  the links in the email... just in case. The email had said there'd been some unusual activity on the acct so they needed some information but I found absolutely no evidence of ANY activity in 6 mos. Nobody had logged in. So before I signed out, I changed my password back to the original.

I'd been wanting to cancel a credit card on that acct so I could use it on the personal one but still couldn't access my acct and so I called and spoke to a nice gent in customer service. Very helpful guy who wanted me to change my password, and watched on his screen as I did so; he also asked me to answer the 2 security questions, which I did correctly. Then he said the limits on my acct were lifted. I didn't know any had been placed on it.  After hanging up the phone I went ahead and switched the card to the other PP acct.

One reason I wanted to move the credit card was that I was going to list several items on ebay that were over $1000 each, and to have more options for spending/retrieving it I wanted to get a PP debit card. Twice I'd had one but let them expire. Well, my application was denied, which seemed really odd, but not nearly as odd as the email I got moments later. It said that PP was unable to verify my ID based on the information listed on the debit card application so they needed more information. Specifically, they wanted photo ID, a copy of my social security card, and a copy of a utility bill in my name at my address. They have no business having these documents on file and are incredibly nuts to think I trust them to safeguard these items. Nobody has ever requested my SSN card before, most certainly no other service I was paying for ever did.

Questions:

Why insist that I change my password and watch me do it? And don't feed me some line about an account being compromised and needing straightened out.

Why do you suppose PP is now using the exact wording as the phoney emails? I'm not mistaken, and there has to be a profitable reason they do it.

Anyway, be glad you don't want to get verified, as this is what you face next. I have a feeling there'll be no end to the private information demanded of us. So for me it's goodbye ebay and goodbye paypal. I still have 8 days before my account becomes "restricted", whatever sinister meaning that carries. It feels kinda like a game show where the host asks that critical question: do you want to play on and risk your winnings, or take the money and run? What bs! I'm taking my money and running before PP finds a reason to hang on to it.

Login to Me Too

JIMMYDO
Contributor
Contributor
Good for your you. Pay pal motto....Do Evil, Harm and rape the customer. For the definition of studid just call the pay the pay pal call center. A Vctim fights on
Login to Me Too

R-U-KiddingMe
Contributor
Contributor

After months of watching my spending limit getting closer, and with holiday shopping looming, I finally took the leap of linking an extra bank account to my PP account. I  felt like a wimp.  Each time I check out now, the default source is the bank account, and I have to remember to change the funding source. So now it's a couple of more clicks to remember, slowing down the process. Since I had this orphan bank account available, it seemed like the easiest way out, and so far it is working without problems. I don't have a lot of money in this account, so it seems a safe option for me. If I ever become an eBay seller, perhaps I will be one step closer to the process, with a bank account linked. I resent this whole load of crap from PayPal. If you have an extra sleeping bank account, this might be the easiest option for a PayPal shopper.

Login to Me Too

R-U-KiddingMe
Contributor
Contributor

Addendum: I forgot to mention that when I change my funding source, I change it to my credit card, leaving my bank account untouched. Hence the couple of extra clicks necessary.

Login to Me Too

JIMMYDO
Contributor
Contributor
Good for you. I understand pay pal will send you some stupid bills so you will play along with their game of rip off the customer. Did you ever contact their call center? Talk about stupid and rude. A concerned viticim.
Login to Me Too

Vdarling22
New Community Member
After 7+ yrs & absolutely NO problems ever with a payment from my credit card I now need to be VERIFIED as a good PayPal customer to be able to continue using their service UNLESS I provide them with bank account information & other private pin info etc or get their private issue credit card! NO WAY! They would rather lose customers than reject this ridiculous policy! I am speaking with my feet & closing my PayPal account. Convenience or not there is no way I am giving them access to my bank account. I'm sure I can find another way to pay for products or services that I want or need & if they have no other method to pay other than paypal then I will go elsewhere & find the products or services I want or need. They must have more business than they need to be so cocky. Good-bye PayPal.
Login to Me Too

JIMMYDO
Contributor
Contributor
Good for you. I have not purchased a thing after verification request. $19kspent over 10 years. I will spend elsewhere.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.