Dont want to get verified

tj_thompson79
Contributor
Contributor

I don't want to get verified but it wont let me pay for my items from eBay.  I haven't reached my limit yet what's going on.....

Login to Me Too
264 REPLIES 264

READTHETOS
Contributor
Contributor

I would not give Paypal any personal info either. I use it to pay for goods via a reloadable visa prepaid card which I only put money on when I have to pay for something..  The bank account I "verified" when I opened the account has long since been closed.  I would never give Paypal open access to any of my everyday financial info.  They are not a bank, not governed by banking regulations.

Login to Me Too

ShadowWolf
Contributor
Contributor

I echoe the statement that this verification thing is ridiculous. Paypal informed me that I can "send up to $60 before I reach my limit". So I go to pay someone $13 and WHOOP "you can only send $12 before you reach your limit". What?! So now I've got $65 on my account that I can't use and I can't pay someone because paypal suddenly decided that I reached my limit after spending $7 even though they told me that I could send $60.  This just isn't fair. It's MY money. I should be able to use it however I want. Paypal still makes money off of me AND the person I'm selling/sending money to, whether I'm verified or not. 

Login to Me Too

triathlyn
Contributor
Contributor

Use MY money, YOU pay interest points...

Login to Me Too

chunkypeanut
New Community Member

If you really want to hurt them, report them to the better business bureau, http://www.bbb.org/

that is what i am doing. I HAVE NOT REACHED MY LIMIT, GIVE ME MY MONEY.

Login to Me Too

Fearce1

I have the same problem! $50.00 MoneyPak card yet no verification? Even tho I've made clean purchases in the past?

Including yrs long account holder?

Isn't that false advertisement when the Greendot MoneyPak card reads:

"Add Money to a PayPal Account  shop anywhere Papay is accepted INCLUDING EBAY No Credit Card OR Bank Account Required"

?

WTF! I would love to take place in a class action lawsuit!

Perhaps we should start a petition on this PayPal money laundering scam they have going! Im sure the IRS would love to get their hands on this one (given they aren't already part of it).

Login to Me Too

ScottDScottD
Contributor
Contributor

Again, I refuse to give my bank account to PayPal.  After 10 years of a verified account, I deleted my bank account simply because I could not set my credit card as a defautl payment method, then bang, instantly hit with "over spending limit"

My bank account is 100% safer if it is NOT listed on my account, there's no refuting that.  

Here's what I've done...

--For 2 months, I've been clicking "I don't have a paypal account" and entering my credit card info anyway.  (This results in more transactions fees for PayPal, because I can't use my ~$100 balance to pay for all my $10 items..)

--For things that I have been selling, I click "mail me a check" every so often and pay the nominal fee

--I use craigslist more

--I use my bank's person-to-person payment, and 'mail a paper check' options to send money.

--I buy less stuff on Ebay and resort to other non-ebay merchants including Amazon 

--I use Google checkout more often

GOOD NEWS!

I recently got an invitation to PayPal Advantage... So I promptly e-mailed them my frustrations and thoughts and they were able to straighten it out for me.

Login to Me Too

nanajoyce
Contributor
Contributor

I AGREE 100%. Am going to contact sellers and if I can't buy it separately from them, buy it elsewhere. Taking the chance of having my identity stolen is primary. They say they are SAFE, but doesn't all the government agencies who were hacked into, health care agencies who were hacked into, etc., also say that? I've used PayPal for 6 years and use my AE to make purchases. Why would I SUDDENLY need to give them my back account info? Makes no sense to me!! Apparently, it makes no sense to about 6900 other Pay Pal users.

Login to Me Too

triathlyn
Contributor
Contributor

So far I have found they all are agreeable to another method of payment. But my last purchase had a slow turn around time, so I had to leave negative feedback (cashed check 2 weeks without comment - I had to contact them). They **bleep**ed up and put it in Priority Mail that day.

Login to Me Too

disgett
Contributor
Contributor

Why can't my acct. stay the same without verifying my acct. to change my spending limit.  I only have $484 left before max out my limit.

Login to Me Too

BHBC
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same question.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.