Dont want to get verified

tj_thompson79
Contributor
Contributor

I don't want to get verified but it wont let me pay for my items from eBay.  I haven't reached my limit yet what's going on.....

Login to Me Too
264 REPLIES 264

KrazieLOL
Contributor
Contributor

I doubt they read these anymore

Login to Me Too

wjdunsmore
New Community Member

Could someone explain to me why after 5 plus years using paypal and NEVER having a problem with my debit card,that they now want me to verify my account? I have bought many things they have gotten paid yet now I must verify! Sounds very fishy to me!!!!!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

pugsy
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I am very puzzled by all these messages about PayPal and verification? What is verification? What do PayPal want you to verify?if you have been a user for some time,you must have verified your details with PayPal?I can see the Only way forward is for somebody to challenge PayPal's verification process,I have started County Court action against PayPal for the Illegal with holding of buyers payments,PayPal claim I need to get verified? I claim I am verified,I hope this dispute will be settled in Court,I have also made a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service,over the Illegal actions of PayPal,when I closed my PayPal account,I sold a number of items on eBay,PayPal intercepted those payments,with held them Illegally for up to 30 days,PayPal demand all of its user's comply with their user agreement? I would ask,When is PayPal going to comply with the EU.PSD? What is their e-mail address?How do you get in touch with PayPal?

Login to Me Too

Angie5

I've been with Paypal since about 2001. Same account. I have two accounts and my husband has one. My two are old accounts. There has never been any problem with any of the accounts. But now, first my husband's account was abruptly halted because he had to add a credit card or bank. Added credit and that wasn't enough -- there is still $30 sitting in there that we can't touch because we don't use a bank account anymore -- we are paid 100% thru paypal every week, and loved paypal, have debit cards on my two accounts, and both work entirely online. So we saw no reason to keep a bank account any more -- banks are more and more underhanded these days and expensive, and paypal seemed fantasitc for all these years. Now suddenly, paypal has started requiring them. Customer service helped us get most of the $$ from my husband's account when this happened -- without warning, and we were trying to pay first of the month bills. But we have to open an account and link it to get the rest. There is no paypal debit card on that account. Now, the newer of my two accounts just suddenly told me the same: I wanted to send $50 to my other account, and it says I have reached my sending limit. I also suddenly have a monthly withdrawal limit. There's been no warning that I was approaching either a sending or withdrawing limit. I have to add a bank account or get a paypal credit card to use my money.  I guess sooner or later it will happen to my original paypal account. Another weird part is the sending limit was completely different on my husband's account than on mine. Most of our income is paid into paypal weekly by a large, well known internet company that also covers the fees. We are not buying and selling, so there is no chargeback concern. Why, after 10 years of good relationahip, is paypal requiring all this in order for us to continue to use paypal?? I know the requirement is not in order to use paypal, but the end result is we can't use it unless we open a bank account, because we cant get to our pay.

Login to Me Too

Lindacat
Contributor
Contributor

I have also had these same issues with PayPal recently. Unfortunately, they have one set of terms, no matter what you use your PP account for. I simply receive my pay through PP and just want to pay my bills with the money. I don't buy or sell on Ebay at all. These stupid rules are in place to supposedly protect the Ebay buyers and sellers, but they completely **bleep** everything up for everyone else. PayPal needs to have different types of their general consumer accounts. Something for people that just want to collect payments that have nothing to do with Ebay. Bottom line is this...PayPal is not a bank and therefore is not covered by banking laws so they don't want people to use it as a bank, hence the need to link a bank account. Second and probably more important is that PayPal wants to make money off of every person and every transaction made so they will do whatever is necessary and unfair to us, to reach that goal. It really is very misleading. They say you do not need a bank account or to be verified to have a PP account. What they don't tell you until you've opened said PP account, is that you can't do a **bleep** thing with it, unless you are verified. Does the phrase "bait and switch" come to mind? WAKE UP PAYPAL !!  I can't recall ever reading a comment that praises your services. You have tons of unhappy and misled customers. It's time to think of them and not how to scam the next sucker that comes along.

Login to Me Too

coffeemom
Contributor
Contributor

I am having a terrible time with Paypal right now!  I have been a verified member for years with the same bank account.  Now it won't let me send payments because the message says I have reached my spending limit and must be verified.  I have been calling Paypal about this problem for 2 months - since the end of April 2011.  It is temporarily fixed, but the next time a subscription payment tries to bill, I get the same message and the payment is declined.

I can't seem to get any help with this.  I now only ask for supervisors, but the same problem is still happening.  I've never had this problem before in all the years I've used Paypal.

What is going on? 

Login to Me Too

DahlKen
Contributor
Contributor

These yahoos are trying the same stunt with me. I WILL NOT EVER give these thieves my bank account information, especially with the sudden rash of hacks going on lately. I only ever load money onto my PayPal account with moneypaks or to receive payments for items I make in my hobby. Now today after selling off a few things to buy a couple other things PayPal says I reached my sending limits, yet my account says I still have a long way to go until I reach these limits. I will call them in the morning, but if these limits aren't removed so i can pay for a few things I bought off of eBay I guess I will have to get the FTC and lawyers involved.

Login to Me Too

rudecustomerser
Contributor
Contributor

I am not sure if anyone else has had the same experience lately, but Paypal had first precipitously said "you need to change your password", without explanation, and now tells me that since I'm getting "close to my sending limit" I need to give them bank account information. 

This second bit is equally precipitous, since my limit is over $10,000 (first I've heard of it) and they just let me get to within 100 bucks of it before "requiring my bank account information".  To me this is a SCAM.  Each time I send money with Paypal they collect it from my credit card, so basically there should be no limit.  The notion of a lifetime aggregate limit is a joke.  To me it appears Paypal wants to maximize profits by reducing the fees it pays to credit card companies.  I am quite content with those fees.  Paypal isn't a bank, and it isn't my bank that's for sure.  I'm not comfortable giving it my bank account information.  

So, when I called and asked for an explanation, and asked to speak to a supervisor, after probably 10 minutes fighting with the ridiculous condescending automated operator (the stupidest customer service tool ever) I spoke to an agent who had no interest in helping me, and after I asked to speak to a supervisor she put me on hold for 15 minutes and then hung up.  

This is not the type of organization that deserves my bank account information for any reason whatsoever.  I'm appalled.  I own a small business and if I want to my customers and said, "you know, you've been a great customer.  Now I am going to make it harder for you to do business with me" that would be absolutely ridiculous.  I wonder why PayPal thinks they can get away with it?  Smiley Mad

Login to Me Too

notlookingback
New Community Member

I recieved my first order of 60 dollars, Paypal would not let me accept it till I verified me account by getting thier credit card or giving them access to my BANKING ACCOUNT!!!!! HAHAHAHAH **bleep** YOU !!!!  I will use other payment methods  and CANT WAIT TO TELL PPL WHAT **bleep**IN RIPP OF JOKE PAYPAL IS!

Login to Me Too

Gooddealus
Contributor
Contributor

Dear PAYPAL, I've have been buying off e-bay the last few months with no problems... Using my debit card just fine... Then WITHOUT warning in the middle of A purchase .. BAM!!!.... I'm not allowed to buy item because PAYPAL says I've reached my limit! And now I need to link my bank account and all information on said account to pay pal OR signup for THERE master card.. (there master card) NOW I have not used pay pal for selling and have no balance what so ever.. Also my sending limit is rated at $8,000 plus according to pal-pals  listed limit on MY ACCOUNT.. All purchases are taken from my debit card with no pay pal credit extended...My issue is why? I was using my card yesterday and all was fine and today .. Blocked from making any purchases from e-bay w/pay pal.. That = (NO E-bay use at all).. Well I don't have A bank account and this policy stinks of monopoly and discrimination.. Not every one has A bank account or reg. credit card.. Low income and minority's (like myself) are being singled out because there the one's most effected by this unfair policy. You guys pull this crap because no one calls you out on it.. UNTIL TODAY...What your doing is B.S and should be brought to the attention of the mainstream media... Your making your service UN available to the under privileged that are most likely not to have A bank account or reg credit card.. And it's not fair at all.... Especially when your not selling.... And buying directly from your debit card without any financial involvement on pay pal directly...And it really blows when you cut off my account with no warning what so ever .. It's fine one day the next day .. BAM!!! can't make a purchase on an auction I won!! That's just great!! Thanks.... I am going to get other peoples view on this policy of yours and see what they think.. Your forcing people to use something that's not available to everyone ... Discrimination....is not fair nor A good choice by such A large company that (I would think) doesn't want negative publicity ......         

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.