Confirming My Social Security Number?

kittycatkissy
Contributor
Contributor

I am trying to lift my limits by confirming my Social Security Number, but when I enter my number, it states "We are unable to verify your social security number. Please check that you entered the number correctly and resubmit." I know I am entering it correctly so what can I do to confirm my number?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

LE-Infinity
Contributor
Contributor

i dont understand why paypal would even need or want our SSN's. this is really disturbing now.

Login to Me Too

Spidermonkey531
New Community Member

Paypal uses the SS# to verify identity the name you are using when you signed up must match exactly to the name associated with your SS#... i.e. if you recently were married & signed up using your married name but it has been less than 6 months, your maiden name would still be on the SS card and therefore would not be verified.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_WarrenG
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Spidermonkey531,

This is a great explanation.  To add to it, it may also be recognizing small discrepancies in the names such as Mike instead of Michael and other simple changes a person may make to their name.

By calling our Customer Support Staff, many of these situations can be taken care of over the phone.

Hope this helps you out!

PayPal_WarrenG

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.