Are there any limits for receiving or withdrawing?

dfrt33
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all,

I am verified and have been a member for a long time, but I am about to sell a ton of stuff and wanted to know if there were any limits on recieving, or withdrawing to my account. If there are, I would like to know what they are before I begin selling.

Thanks much

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

dfrt33,

Welcome to the boards!

As a US account holder, you won't have any receiving limits.  When it comes to withdrawing the funds, you may be limited to $500/month until certain criteria are met.  When you first log in, see if you have a "View Limits" link.  If you do, click on that and look for the withdrawal section.  It will let you know what to do to lift that limit.

If either that link or the withdrawal section isn't there, you've already lifted it, and don't have a limit.  Smiley Happy

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

dfrt33,

Welcome to the boards!

As a US account holder, you won't have any receiving limits.  When it comes to withdrawing the funds, you may be limited to $500/month until certain criteria are met.  When you first log in, see if you have a "View Limits" link.  If you do, click on that and look for the withdrawal section.  It will let you know what to do to lift that limit.

If either that link or the withdrawal section isn't there, you've already lifted it, and don't have a limit.  Smiley Happy

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

singlemom
New Community Member

Thanks!  I'm a writer and every now and then my royalties went over the 'limit'.  I couldn't figure out how to take care of his.  I'd gone through the 'contact us' and the on-line person either didn't understand me or was just typing in an answer to get me to go away.  (Very frustrating!)  I followed the verification process you outlined and, hopefully, will not have this problem again. 

Login to Me Too

dfrt33
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Adrian,

Thanks very much! That's exactly what I needed to know.

Cheers

Login to Me Too

Extraman
Contributor
Contributor

Can anyone explain.Why is it necessary to link a credit card or provide social security information to remove the $500.00 withdrawl limit on an account especailly if the account is already verified?

Login to Me Too

tservers
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Well, just consider $500 as the limit that PayPal will allow for a loss. If you want to receive or do transactions more than $500 per month, then PayPal needs that information verify you are who you say you are.also, to do more than a $500 transaction you'll need a Premier account and that requires a checking account AND a credit card, all with your name and info. With that information verified, PayPal knows that you are who you say you are.

That's there way of protecting themselves.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.