paypal shows incorrect balance

SodChucker
Contributor
Contributor

I've been with paypal for years but this is the first time I've seen something like this:

(Numbers have been changed to protect the innocent)

I had a balance of 23.75 in my paypal account before someone through eBay bought an item from me,

They paid me through paypal for the item; total amount of that payment was 34.95.

Paypal charged me 2.05 for that transaction.

In doing the math, that means that the transaction should have added 32.90 to my balance bringing it up to a total of 56.65 (23.75 + 32.90 = 56.65)

It only raised my balance by 3.29, not 32.90, so my balance now shows 27.04 instead of the 56.65 like it should show.

It looks like some sort of computer glitch or something and a "0" was completely dropped off,  And the decimal point was moved one position to the left.

Has anyone else ever experienced something like this, and what can be done about it?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Amanda411

Hi SodChucker,

Welcome!

Have you sent any payments or do you have any automatic recurring payments scheduled? You can check your PayPal account History Log to see how you arrived at the balance you are seeing.

To view your running balance:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click the "My Account" tab.
  3. Click the "History" subtab.
  4. Click "All activity (with balance)".
  5. Your running account balance is shown in the Balance column.

Amanda

Login to Me Too

SodChucker
Contributor
Contributor

I figured it out today; a quick call to Pay Pal customer service resolved the problem.

I had recently added UPS shipping to my paypal account, and it seems UPS takes a little longer then normal to finish a transaction, plus, UPS will charge your paypal account additional postage if you made an error on your shipping label, (which is what happened to me) but if I make a mistake on one of the shipping labels, I'd rather the shipper come back and charge me for it then the customer as USPS does.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.