ebay and negative money

hnnhmelton
Contributor
Contributor

So i had a balance of 0$ on my paypal account and i bought items on ebay through pay pal. it comes up as a -$10.44 etc. but then i transferred money from my bank account to paypal in order to pay for my items. what happens now?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Lucky7_Deals
Contributor
Contributor

Did you transfer the money to your PayPal account from your bank AFTER your PayPal account was showing a negative balance? If so, then the money you transferred to your PP account will simply cancel out the negative balance, and depending on how much you transferred, whatever is left will remain on your PP account as a positive balance.

Login to Me Too

hnnhmelton
Contributor
Contributor

yes after i bought the items and it was saying -$.$$ and then i transferred money from my bank account. so when it gets into my paypal it just cancels out? so i dont need to worry about paying the person directly?

thank u for your help

Login to Me Too

Lucky7_Deals
Contributor
Contributor

That's right, you don't need to worry about paying that particular person for that specific transaction anymore because they've already been paid. But why don't you just log onto your PayPal account now to be sure that the money you transferred in from your bank account to your PayPal balance was enough to overturn the negative balance. If you did it right, then you should see at least a $0 balance, or a positive balance if you transferred more than was needed to offset the negative.

Login to Me Too

hnnhmelton
Contributor
Contributor

it takes a few days for the money to transfer from my bank into my paypal but i will keep you updated and ask further questions when the time comes. thank u kindly for your help.

Login to Me Too

hnnhmelton
Contributor
Contributor

so the money from my bank account transferred in but the amount i paid for my items werent taken off. example:

Balence: 25.00

Transaction from bank: completed: 25.00

Billy Lee (one of my items): -10.44

Chris Baker(another item)  -11.00

so i dont know what to do. i appreciate all of your help.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.