Why the delay in adding funds from bank account?

No_BS
Contributor
Contributor

I am a new PayPal user, and am troubled by the 3-day delay to transfer funds to my PayPal account from my bank account. The transfers use ACH, which is the same system that I use to transfer funds between my bank accounts, even between accounts in different states.  In such bank-to-bank transfers, the funds are available within hours, if not minutes.  When I do a transfer to PayPal (from within PayPal), the funds are immediately debited (I hope that's the proper term) from my bank account, but as other forum users have noted, it still takes (at least) 3 business days for them to become available in my PayPal account.

There have been several posts in the forum complaining of this delay. A clear explanation of what is happening, and why a process that would seem to be almost instantaneous in some cases takes 3 business days in this instance  would be helpful to me, and (I suspect) to other PayPal users.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Anima
Contributor
Contributor

I  am also having this problem. I've waited since July 12 for an accidental adding of funds to go through. The expected clearing date is today, but it's still processing.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.