What you need to know about adding funds with Greendot Money Card!

Kittie
New Community Member

Make sure that you do not add funds with a Greendot Money Card and then decide to use your Paypal debit card to make a cash withdrawl later on. You will receive a nasty gram letting you know this is not allowed.  For some reason, you lose your right to decide how to spend your own money if you deposit it through this method.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

meangrandma_911
New Community Member

@Kittie wrote:

Make sure that you do not add funds with a Greendot Money Card and then decide to use your Paypal debit card to make a cash withdrawl later on. You will receive a nasty gram letting you know this is not allowed.  For some reason, you lose your right to decide how to spend your own money if you deposit it through this method.

I have had an account with paypal for over a year and every time I try to buy something it won't let me.  Is this because I originally added money from a green dot card and don't get to buy what I need or want. Could someone please tell me how to do this without adding a bank account?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.