Transferring Funds from Walmart MoneyCard to PayPal?

Herodez
New Community Member

Hello, I was thinking if it was possible to transfer funds from a Walmart MoneyCard into Paypal?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

MGrant23
New Community Member

I have figured out with lots of research that you can use them,

Retrieve MoneyCard Account Information

Visit the Walmart MoneyCard website.

Type in your MoneyCard number or your website user ID. Fill in your password, select your card's expiration date and type the log-in code in the appropriate box.

Click "Log-in."

Click "Online Bank Transfer" under the Add Funds tab. Scroll down until you see the section labeled "To Make a Bank Transfer Reload."

Write down the issuing bank name -- GE Money Bank -- the ABA Routing number and your personal ACH number. Note that the type of account is checking. You must be logged in to see this information.

Click "Log Out."

Adding the Walmart MoneyCard

Visit the PayPal website. Type in your username and password to log in.

Click "Profile" in the toolbar.

Click the "My Money" link in the panel on the left side of the screen.

Click the "Add My Bank" link in the Bank Accounts section on the right side of the screen.

Click "Checking."

Type the 9-digit routing number in the Routing Number box. This is the ABA Routing Number from the Walmart MoneyCard website.

Type your account number in the Account Number box. This is your personal ACH Number from the Walmart MoneyCard website.

Click "Continue." PayPal will add the MoneyCard to your account and make two small deposits to it.

Check your MoneyCard account to check the amounts for each deposit. Enter those amounts at the PayPal website to confirm your MoneyCard.

Transfer from PayPal

Sign in to your PayPal account.

Click "Withdraw."

Click the "Withdraw Funds to Your Bank Account" link in the Options box. PayPal takes you to the Withdraw Funds by Electronic Transfer page.

Type the amount of money to transfer in the Amount box.

Click the drop-down box in the To section. Choose "GE Money Bank Checking (Confirmed)."

Click "Continue" to open the Review Withdraw Funds page. Make sure the information on the page is correct.

Click "Submit" to transfer from PayPal to your Walmart MoneyCard

Hope this works! 🙂

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone,

I would not recommend that anyone add a prepaid card as a bank.

Financial credentials on file must be linked to your identity. Prepaid cards are not meant to be used with PayPal because they aren't associated with your verifiable information. A prepaid card is also not a bank, and representing it as a bank may result in limitations or potentially permanent account closure. I don't want to see anyone try this and find that they can no longer use PayPal as a result.

If you're interested in adding cash to a PayPal account, look into Green Dot MoneyPak. It's designed to work with PayPal securely.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.