Transfer funds to my bank

lxndrtg
Contributor
Contributor

I transferred funds from my account into my bank 4 days ago but there is no record at my bank of the transfer. My bank logs in all transactions as soon as they are received and flags them as "pending" until the funds are available. My bank did not flag my paypal fund transfer at all.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

lxndrtg
Contributor
Contributor

I am the original poster...I forgot to mention that paypal shows the fund transfer as "transaction completed" in my account as of 4 days ago. My paypal balance shows a zero balance after the transfer of my funds. I had a very large paypal account balance and transferred all of it to my bank.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Lilly
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello lxndrtg,

Thanks for stopping by the forums!

Once the amount batches out of our system--it will show completed on PayPal.  It will take 3-4 business days for the funds to show up in your bank account.  If this fell over a weekend, this would extend the time as funds are not processed on the weekend. 

Hope this helps!

Lilly

Login to Me Too

lxndrtg
Contributor
Contributor

Why does it take 3-4 days for my money to show up in my bank?  Paypal electronically draws money instantaneously from my bank to pay for my ebay purchases, can't my paypal funds be also electronically deposited into my bank the same way? Is Paypal mailing the bank a check?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_WarrenG
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

lxndrtg,

All the transaction you are describing are happening electronically.  When the request is made to withdraw the money from your bank account it seems instantaneous because the bank considers the transaction complete on their side after they process our request.  On our side it still takes the 3-5 business days to receive the funds.  This process is exactly the same when done the opposite direction.  Even though it shows complete on our side it has not been received by your bank yet.

This process is the exact same process that is done nationwide when funds are transferred between financial institutions.  It is not a process PayPal controls, nor do we have the ability to speed it up.

I know it can be difficult waiting for those funds but they are being processed as quickly as possible.

I hope this answers your questions.

PayPal_WarrenG

Login to Me Too

lxndrtg
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, thank you. I understand how it works now. By the way, the money just showed up in my bank 5 minutes ago, marked as "pending" by my bank. The "pending" will probably be gone tomorrow. Thanks again!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.