Paypal bank tranfers are to slow

JWPratt
Contributor
Contributor

How do I speed up the process?  I don't mind paying a fee as long as it not to high. I like the idea of paypal, but the speed at which it works makes me use it a lot less than I would otherwise.

Login to Me Too
21 REPLIES 21

slowbanktransfr
Contributor
Contributor

I agree totally, Our accounts are already verified, why make the proccess this slow? When I make money, I want to transfer it to my bank account and spend it the same day, how come people can buy stuff from my site and their debit cards go through almost instantly? But when I want to just do something as simple as add funds or withdraw funds that I have already earned and sent my products out that I already paid for, I'm not allowed to for 3 to 4 days! How come if I wanted to transfer funds from one bank account to another, it works instantly, but paypal doesn't work instantly! The service of paypal is super awesome, and I love it, but this is the absolute only drawback of the whole site! Like you said.......I wouldnt mind paying a small fee to get money sent or recieved instantly to my bank account or paypal account! How do we convince the board of paypal to fix this, at least to the people with totaly verified accounts that have even entered their social security card number into the site. How much more verification do you need? If this changes, im sure paypals "The Fund" will rise because everyones actually satisfied 100% with paypal and then the board can start paying themselves more again! And "the trust" will go over the 561 million or whatever its at right now. Seeing how "the Trust has fallen badly over the years, and there own board has opped out of their own stocks, how is that a way to convince us of being shareholders in a deflating stock market of badly invested in securities and what not. Change the money transfer to immediate and paypal will be big once again!

Sincerely,

ME!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Andy

slowbanktransfr and JWPratt- I completely understand your frustration with the timeframes on withdrawals; you're definitely not alone.  We use the ACH clearing house process to transfer money to and from your bank.  Since this involves multiple banks and payments going out in batches at multiple times a day, there is a delay in processing the payments.  This is not PayPal's delay, this is the U.S. banking system.  While there may be faster methods out there, and the two of you are willing to pay more, the hundreds of thousands of other PayPal customers are not.  So we have a delay of a few days to withdraw money.  The only option that is faster is if you wanted to apply for the PayPal Debit Card.  This uses the money in your balance as a debit card and you can use it for purchases.  It's as close as instant 'withdrawals' as he have.

Login to Me Too

slowbanktransfr
Contributor
Contributor

If I had the option to get the paypal debit card I would but I am not able to get it for 60 days. It's very frustrating that I have to jump through so many hoops just to get a little thing done on paypal. It's understandable and nessesary but I wish when I signed up for paypal I could have just signed up for everything all at once instead of I need to be verified by applying for this, or social security that, and wait for this, and e-mail that. It's very time consuming to get to be able to have all the ammenities that paypal has to offer. I am still glad there is a paypal though, a drawback is that since people dont have a paypal account, they think they cant make a purchase even though they can, and even if I tell them they can if they don't have an account. I think paypal should change their buying invoice to make it more noticable that people don't need a paypal account to purchase things from me or anyone else. I purchased something from my own site with an e-mail that doesn't have paypal and it was advertizing all over that I should sign up for an account and it was pretty hard to find the link to pay without a paypal account. I know thats how you guys promote your business and get more people to sign up so you guys will make more money, but I hope you will make the link a bit easier to see for the un-paypal accounters.

Thanks!

Me

Login to Me Too

unclehair
Contributor
Contributor

I transferred money from my bank on the 22 of June and the funds left my bank account on the 23 of June, yet here it is the 28 of June and NO MONEY IN MY PAYPAL account. Why is this? Paypal said it would take 3-4 days but the "expected date" said 28 of june, that is 5 buisiness days, not 3-4 and I need to pay for something that I bought EXPECTING my money to be there. Where is my money? What recourse do I have against Paypal if I get reported and a non paying bidder because the 3-4 days has passed and Paypal is holding on to my money? I am a repeat buyer with this person and they know me to be an immediate payer, until now because Paypal is holding my money hostage and there is nothing I can do about it.

Login to Me Too

slowbanktransfr
Contributor
Contributor

I have noticed that

Login to Me Too

unclehair
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, just paid it from my bank account so now I am going to have a major argument with my husband and explain to him why I have all this money in my paypal account but still paying out of the bank account. Thanks, paypal.

Login to Me Too

ccf008
New Community Member

Same exact thing here. I transferred money late on the 21st and it said it should be in my account by June 24th and today is the 28th and still no money. It was taken out of my bank on June 22nd.

Login to Me Too

daniel777
New Community Member

My bank shows money leaving in June 27th, and it did not post to my paypal account until today on June 29. I am having a very difficult time believing that Paypal is not adding their own delay to give them extra liquidity (beyond that needed for bank transfers), which must amount to 100's of millions.  I don't believe anything that banks say anymore because I know they do things in secret.  Anyway, this means that I only use paypal if a seller will ONLY let me buy their product with paypal.  It is darn inconvienient to wait like this.  I might think otherwise if Paypal actually put up a demo of a transfer documenting where all the time delays are. Then I'd know which banks to blame.

Login to Me Too

paulvincent1
Contributor
Contributor

I thjought my wallet was lost until PayPal/MasterCard called to inquire about unusual activity so that confirmed the wallet and card were stolen but the thief could not figurte out the PIN (thank God). Unfortunately, all my available cash was tied up on that card. Is there any way of speeding up what seems like forever for them to transfer funds to my primary bank?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.