Paypal account showing balance 0.00 USD

OneBrain2
Contributor
Contributor

hi bodies!

since my first time I have paypal account it only shows paypal balance 0.00 usd

I contacted paypal assistence but nothing solves, do anyone know what I have to do?

last 3 I went to bank to make charge it still showing 00 usd, but I know  there is money because I can shop

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

DiesalGirl
Contributor
Contributor

Did you already link your bank account and transfer some money?  It takes 3-5 days for the money to arrive.  That's what the FAQ says. 

Login to Me Too

OneBrain2
Contributor
Contributor

I used to make payments but never saw my balance it always still 0.00 usd balance

what can I do?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

OneBrain2,

While you can link pieces of financial information - such as your bank account or your credit card - to your PayPal account, these institutions do not report your available balance to PayPal, and so PayPal would not be able to display what your credit limit is with your credit card or your bank account balance.  When making a purchase, they only report whether they will pay the charge or not. 

Your PayPal account is kind of like a virtual wallet.  You can put your checkbook or your credit cards into this wallet.  The PayPal balance is cash on hand - so if you were to say, receive a payment from someone, it reflects in the balance because it is cash on hand.

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

OneBrain2
Contributor
Contributor

it mean that I never see my credit balance from paypal account? or there is something I can do to see it?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

No, you won't be able to see the balance of your credit cards, debit cards, or bank accounts via PayPal. 

Adrian

Login to Me Too

WBCovington
New Community Member

PayPal system of adding money from my bank is very poor. I waited six days for it to process and the money was taken from my bank but was not added to my PayPal balance. My account says that it's still being processed. I tried to call costumer service and was put on hold and never answerd. If this is the way PayPal does business then they quit and get a real job.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Welcome to the boards!

It's ok if your balance shows zero.  If you have registered a credit or debit card, we'll just debit the card directly.  There's no need to have a balance to make a payment.  Smiley Happy

Adrian

Login to Me Too

OneBrain2
Contributor
Contributor

this is my second time writing what do I have to do I want my money to be shown in my screen while I have money but it only show 00 usd balance

Login to Me Too

flitter320
Contributor
Contributor

I have just the opposite problem.  I am showing a balance in USD....and all my purchases have been paid in full.  I also received an email and bill in mail showing a minimum balance due of $10.00.  Why am I being billed for anything if everything is flat in the account.   Should be no money due. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.