Paypal Inc Mark what is that charge for

fhuynh21

So i just put in my American express gift card and then i checked my balance and i got one charge for $1.95 and another one for $1.00 and i want to know why did i get charged for those and if i am going to get that amount reimbursed

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

zebby
Contributor
Contributor

Same happened to me if someone could answer this

Login to Me Too

Wowomg
New Community Member

Omg, the same thing happened to me. They did it 6 times! so i got -$6.00 on my card and i needed all of the money on it for something and i cant use it now. if u find out please tell me whats going on.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Everyone,

Whenever you add or edit a credit or debit card on PayPal, that information is verified through a temporary $1.00 charge; this is a standard practice for merchants.  This process allows PayPal to ensure the card information is accurate and protect all of our members.

This charge is not permanent and will be returned to you.  How long  this takes is up to the card issuer, as each may have their own internal policies as to how long they will place a hold on the funds.  PayPal does not have the option of releasing it to you sooner, as this is controlled by the card issuer, but most will release the funds within five days.

Hope this helps,

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

minaaaa22
New Community Member

Okay i dont care about the money being put back but when can i purchase what i tried to in the first place! no one ansers that question. everyone asks about if they will get their money back or not but i want to know when i can buy what i wanted to in the first place and caused all this.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.