PayPal is a DISGRACE!!!!!!!!

Enough
Contributor
Contributor

I've never seen such imcompetence in my life. I play online chess. A few days ago they said they were going to cancel my account because I had no money in paypal. So, I went to transfer money  from my banking account and it's going to take... ready for this? FIVE DAYS!!! ARE  YOU KIDDING ME? FIVE DAYS TO TRANSFER MONEY???? YOU ARE DISGRACEFUL!!!

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Since Paypal is not a bank and must make sure that the funds they receive are "settled funds", 5 days is quite reasonable, actually.

Login to Me Too

Kate_C

It never actually takes 5 days...the longest it ever took for me was 3 days.

Login to Me Too

cheyennestorm
Contributor
Contributor

I couldn't agree more!!!!!  They have no idea what they are doing and I think some of the things they do are against the law.  If not, then some of the things they do like putting a hold on visa gift cards and taking money from a debit card and holding it for 5 days before they refund it back on to the debit card should be against the law!!!!!:  smileytongue:

Login to Me Too

austinsteev1
Contributor
Contributor

It shouldn't take ANY DAYS!!!! That wait bul**hit of 3-4 days or longer is pure B.S.! It should be on there virtually instantly!!! this is the 21st Century....electronic payments and such dont take ANYTIME at all and its all automated....which also SHOULD eliminate that "Business" days...garbage as well. All that stuff can be instant....even on Saturdays and Sundays.

Login to Me Too

daletutt
New Community Member

I couldn't agree more...

I recieved a payment instantly from an ebay customer to my paypal account. They were gonna keep it for 3-5 "business days" unless i pay £5.00 (and they already have taken £2,00) to give it to me in 24hours.So why is it that a payment made from an account via card (on e-bay) instantly turns up in my palpal account & it takes 3 days to get to my bank. I'll tell you why so they can hold it in a high instrest account & earn big fat paycheck for it... So they can make money off our money as well as charging us personally to recieve our own money in good time.. Unbelieveable. Cheques are being written out of the game because its old school..Palpay is just as bad, transactions are INSTANT these days. This is a liberty.

This is absolutely disjusting.. Considering they monopolise the market of such a monster as e-bay, you would of thought they would look after their obidient customers..

Im furious..

I suggest to everyone, to make a complaint with e-bay & paypal & write to your local MP..

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Helmute
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi everyone,

I can elaborate more on why it takes so long for a bank to clear a transaction. 

Like Surplusdealdude said we are not a bank and when a payment/transfer is initiated from a bank it does take about 3-5 business days.  The reason being is that we use the Automated Clearing House (ACH) process.  This is done through the federal reserve and PayPal has no control over this process. 😞 If you make a payment using the "instant transfer" method we pay your seller for you and we wait the 3-5 business days for your bank to clear your funds.  We are making it as fast as possible this way.

Hope this explains things. 

**Helmute**   

Login to Me Too

Enough
Contributor
Contributor

Pay pal, is a DISGRACE!!! You should be ASHAMED of yourselves!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.