PayPal INC MARK? American Express Help

JimmyCruz
New Community Member

I have been trying to purchase a game called Minecraft with my American Express card but it wont work. Suddenly i check my Cards balance to see that Paypal has taken 1 dollar from me three different times

It's under PENDING labeled as

PAYPAL INC MARK

Why in gods name are they taking my money and why won't my purchase go through?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_Helmute
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello JimmyCruz and welcome to the boards!

I can certainly explain what's going on here.  Anytime you attempt your card through PayPal we want to make sure it is a good card by running a $1 dollar authorization.  These will drop off when your credit card company expires authorizations and I can promise you that these will not be charged to you. 

Hope this clears up any confusion.

**Helmute**

Login to Me Too

killerjamesbond
New Community Member

How long will it take until i get my dollar back?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Lilly
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello killerjamesbond,

Thanks for stopping by the boards!

Typically the $1.00 authorization will drop off within a few days.  If you see the authorization still on your card after 30 days, please get in touch with your card issuer.

Hope this helps,

Lilly

Login to Me Too

minaaaa22
New Community Member

Alright the same thing happened to me and everyone keeps saying you will get your money back but what about the thing we wanted to purchase in the first place! when can we actually purchase it since it asks for certification anyway..

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.