Moneypak

Witness
Contributor
Contributor
Can I use a moneypak prepay card without giving them my bank account info? I cant seem to find the add funds option.
Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

PayPal_Lilly
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello Witness,

You can certainly add a Green Dot MoneyPak without having a bank on your account. 

When you login to your PayPal account, you will want to click "Add Funds", then "Add Funds from a Green Dot MoneyPak". 

There is a certain setting on your account that I would like you to check--this may be preventing you from adding the MoneyPak card. 

1. Go to http://www.paypal.com/ and log in to your account.
  2. Click 'Profile' near the top of the page.
  3. Click 'Payment Receiving Preferences' under 'Selling Preferences'.
  4. Under 'Block Payments from Users who,' click to unblock next to 'Initiate payments from the Pay Anyone subtab of the Send Money tab.'
  5. Click 'Save.'

Once you add the card, you can change the setting back if you like.

Hope this helps!

Lilly

Login to Me Too

Hawke123
Contributor
Contributor

Do you have to be a certain age just to buy moneypak from a store.

Login to Me Too

Xiphias
New Community Member

Speaking of GreenDot, I had bought a card after seeing that it allows you to spend it regardless of bank information. However when I deposited the money I still can't spend it, I'm still under limitations.

What happened here? Everything took, I can't find the reason why Paypal still won't let me spend the Greendot funds without a bank account. 😞

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Lilly
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello Hawke123 & Xiphias,

Welcome to the boards!

Hawke123--I would check out GreenDot's website for information regarding if there is a required age to purchase the card.  https://www.moneypak.com/Home.aspx

Xiphias--I am sorry to hear that you are running into issues using the Greendot MoneyPak on your account.  I would suggest contacting our Customer Service to assist with your account. 

Hope this helps!

Lilly

Login to Me Too

norenore

I was also curious about this. for some reason I have a limit of 0.00 and was wondering if I would be able to send moneypak money

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Lilly
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello norenore,

Welcome to the forums!

With the Greendot MoneyPak you have a starting limit of $250.00 a year.  You can increase this limit through Greendot by completing some verification steps.  Once those steps are completed, your limit is raised to $2000.00 a month! 

Hope this helps! 

Lilly

Login to Me Too

dotgreen
Contributor
Contributor

I got a moneypak and I still have a send limit of 0 😞

Login to Me Too

dotgreen
Contributor
Contributor

okay sorry. it took a few hours, I guess. I was able to send just enough

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.