Long ACH Delay for Bank-to-Paypal transfers

andyhalliday
New Community Member

How can it possibly take 4 business days for an ACH all-electronic transfer? The money is debited from my bank account within minutes of effecting the transfer on Paypal and stops earning interest, but Paypal routinely tells me "its out of our hands" when I call after more than 3 business days have passed and I still haven't seen my money in the Paypal account, and I can't pay our freelancers who expect this money for living expenses. 

I simply don't believe that an ACH transfer takes this long. I am a top customer at Paypal, and have done these transfers routinely for over 2 years. Yet Paypal still sits on the funds, and points the finger at the ACH system. I don't buy it. 

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

chrissy2026

I am having the same issue.

The money has already been taken out of my bank account, so why isn't it available in my PayPal account?!?! There is no reason why it should take 4 days to be available to me!!

Login to Me Too

coffeeguru
Contributor
Contributor

my bills need to be paid people if you send me a confirmation i have the funds its a waste of my time to keep checking and find you have done nothing except keep the funds from showing .. your process was way better a while ago ..what happened is corporate greed as usual  ....

Login to Me Too

jackerman
New Community Member

I don't buy it either Andy, especially in this day and age when other fund transfers take a matter of hours (sometimes minutes) to show up on my online bank statement. This situation needs to be seriously looked at and corrected. If it can't be corrected, someone needs to tell me WHY it takes so long; not the standard blurb you get when you click on the question mark icon on the add funds line of the account.

Login to Me Too

mascot
New Community Member

I  dont understand kit either. When i want to deposit money, i want it in my account , now! Not 3-5 days time! After all, you can access your actual bank account straight away.

I hope this problem can be resolved.

Mascot

Login to Me Too

frankie123
New Community Member

I wish it was only 3-4 days- I had money come out of my account on Oct 26, 2011- and it is saying it will not show up in my paypal account until Nov 3, 2011!!!!!

8 days!!!!

I am without the money- paypal is holding my funds- the funds were withdrawn immidately from my account when I put the request thru

yet paypal is holding the money and it not making it avalible

this same day Oct 26th 2011

I paid a customer and the money came out of my checking account and was paid to the customer immediately

but to just fund my paypal account

there is this 8 day hold

makes zero sense

Login to Me Too

kimmy9093
Contributor
Contributor

After reading numerous messages about transfers from bank account to Paypal, taking so long, I suppose there's no reason to contact Paypal because they can't do anything about it.

My 685 I JUST TRANSFERRED IS JUST SITTING IN LIMBO???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank goodness I'm not having to pay anyone on a bid. Now I understand why some of my buyers actually take 3 days to pay.

I WILL NEVER TRANSFER MONEY FROM BANK TO PAYPAL AGAIN!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.