How to close an account with a balance

karalot
New Community Member

I would like to close my paypal account, which carries a small balance (less than $15).  It is no longer a verified account, as the bank account that was tied to it was closed.  I just went through a bankruptcy, so I cannot apply for the credit card (nor do I want to!), and my only bank account is tied to another paypal account.  What do I do?  How can I get this money?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_Kevin
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello karalot

I am very sorry to hear about your situation and I am happy to help you.  Due to your situation you will need some assistance from our end in order for you to have access to your funds.  I have sent you a separate email to your primary email address listed on your PayPal account.  Please respond to that email and also respond to this post once you have replied to my email so that I can assist you further.

I look forward to hearing from you soon and I wish you a good day.

KB

Login to Me Too

ebenfrank
Contributor
Contributor
I.too.have a small amount in my account-*.00-and I wish to close my account.Thank You for any assistance you may be able to provide. Thank You.
Login to Me Too

Vicky66

I made an account and verified it with my bank. However I do not require to use more this account as I am not using visa anyore for now. I want to close the account but the 1.5 Euro is not necessary for me to be given.

Can you close my account for me please?

What I want is that my accoutn will be closed because I can not do it myself as it is saying, that my balance is greater than withdrawal limit.

Any help please?

Thank you 🙂

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Kevin
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello Vicky66

Welcome.  In order to close an account it is necessary to bring the balance to 0.00 first and you have indicated that you are having trouble with that.  I have sent you a separate email to your primary email address that will explain what actions I have taken on your behalf and the steps you will need to take in order to close out your account.  If you have any further questions after reading my email please feel free to let me know.  Thank you and take care.

KB

Login to Me Too

ahuff2
Contributor
Contributor

Hey there Kevin, I need assistance as well. I applied to use paypal with a debit card over the summer in northern Michigan then lost interest. I've since moved back down state for the year and now have time/ want to open my pay pal account but my funds are in a new account. I linked my new debit card to my paypal account and confirmed it. However I have this problem that whenever I go to add funds to my account from my new debit card, I'm taken to the account confirmation page where I'm asked to confim my old debit card from my old bank account that I have since closed till the summer. How can get away from this page,  transfer funds and start buying~??? Do I have to close my old account and if so how???

Thanks for your time - Aaron

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.