Funds never arrived in bank account?

Sororitas
Contributor
Contributor

I withdrew funds from my Paypal account to my bank account and while it says the transaction completed on August 18th, the funds have yet to show up in my bank account which is normally pretty quick to update. Help!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Ricecobob
New Community Member
I have the same issue. Most likely it will be transferred next week I am guessing since it said 2-5 business days right. It is just weird how it said completed in paypal. If anybody has an answer to this, it would be great.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

Ricecobob
New Community Member
I have the same issue. Most likely it will be transferred next week I am guessing since it said 2-5 business days right. It is just weird how it said completed in paypal. If anybody has an answer to this, it would be great.
Login to Me Too

Sororitas
Contributor
Contributor

Ah, ok. I was scared something had gone wrong along the way. I guess I'll just give it a few more days then.

Login to Me Too

Ambolina
New Community Member

Did it go through? I'm curious because I'm now having the same problem

Login to Me Too

theorydesign
New Community Member

The status marked 'Complete' in your PayPal account means that PayPal has sent the money but it still needs to be accepted by the bank. Personally this is a frustrating feature for me and I'm going on a full week now where I still have not received my funds. Normally it takes 2-3 days, so I am having this issue, too, but did read that PayPal marking the status 'Complete' does not mean the full transaction is complete. 

My issue is that the bank is showing no incoming transactions to approve, either. Very worrysome.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone, and welcome to the forums!

Worry not, theorydesign has it right. The "completed" status means that PayPal has sent the funds to your bank. The bank still has yet to receive them. The bank will not notify PayPal that the funds have been received, but if funds are missing for more than 7 business days (excluding weekends and holidays), we can always initiate a trace. This eventuality is very rare, however. Usually the funds arrive within 3-5 business days for U.S. accounts. For other countries, the timeframes vary, anywhere from 2-7 business days.

There's some information in this post about using your bank with PayPal, and what you can expect. I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.