Fund Transfer Issue, Please Assist.

deciiMAL21
Contributor
Contributor

I added funds from my bank account to my paypal account, but I need to cancel it because the amount pending is no longer in my account. Or if I could edit it to a lesser amount. Robot Sad

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Answer_Man311
Contributor
Contributor

you won't be penalized by PayPal, your add funds simply won't credit to your account if PayPal doesn't get the funds, now your bank may charge you exhorberant fees, because they are a bank and thats what they do, but no penalty with PayPal, it will be a wash.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

deciiMAL21
Contributor
Contributor

So I tried using the bot-support chat they have, and this is what I got:

Sarah - PayPal :
You cannot cancel an Add Funds transfer once you initiate the transfer from your bank account to your PayPal account. When the transfer is complete, the funds are credited to your PayPal balance. You can withdraw the funds back to your bank account but you must wait until the transaction is complete.

So here's my new question:

What if there is no money in the bank account when the transfer is done pending? what does it take? do I get penalized? can I stop this from my bank branch here?

Login to Me Too
Solved

Answer_Man311
Contributor
Contributor

you won't be penalized by PayPal, your add funds simply won't credit to your account if PayPal doesn't get the funds, now your bank may charge you exhorberant fees, because they are a bank and thats what they do, but no penalty with PayPal, it will be a wash.

Login to Me Too

Imperion1

The funds will still be transferred, and if you don't have the money in your bank acct., then the bank will charge you an over the limit fee.

I got charged 5 times by my bank, due to P.P. not switching from one of my bank accts. (short on funds) to another of my bank accts. (had a lot more than the required funds), after I had already switched the accts. thru P.P. For me, that was $150 in over the limit fees.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.