Auto-Sweep ??

zoie4
Contributor
Contributor

I requested a fund transfer from my bank, and received this email:

We are processing your request to transfer funds to your PayPal account from your bank account ending in xxxx. Processing usually takes 3-5 business days but may vary by bank. We estimate that these funds will be deposited in your PayPal account by Sep 10, 2010. We will notify you by email if we have any problems processing your request. Important: By initiating this transfer of funds from your bank account into your PayPal account, you deactivated the Auto-Sweep option. This ensures that your newly added funds are not inadvertently transferred back into your bank account. You can reactivate Auto-Sweep at any time. Just log in to your PayPal account, go to your Profile page, and select the Auto-Sweep option.

Sincerely, PayPal

--------------------------------------------------------

IDK what this is or WHERE it is???

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Auto-sweep is a program used if you have multiple Paypal accounts and want them cleaned out regularly and transferred to a central paypal account.

If you only have 1 paypal account, ignore the mesage.

Login to Me Too

liuchess
Contributor
Contributor

What? I thought it transfers your funds to your bank account about every 24 hours. I've never heard of multiple PayPal accounts and central PayPal account? I thought you were only allowed to have 2 accounts, personal and premier, per person.

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

You can have as many Paypal accounts as you want - just have a different email and bank account for each one.

You can put up to 8 emails on one account if you want.

Login to Me Too

liuchess
Contributor
Contributor

And is there a way to tell all 8 emails are linked to the same PayPal account?

Login to Me Too

jeribirkes
New Community Member

This information's wrong. Auto Sweep has nothing to do with multiple accounts. Auto Sweep simply allows Pay Pal account deposits to be automatically "swept" every evening for deposit into your dedicated bank account.

A year ago it took me 3 calls to PayPal customer service to finally get someone that new what Auto Sweep was -- so be carefuly of the bum scoop you get on these boards.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.