Are there fees for having a negative balance?

greenbuttmnky
Contributor
Contributor

I was charged on the wrong account and I was only about a buck short of what I paid. The payment went through on PayPal but now I'm worried that I'm going to have basically overcharge fees for a $1 mistake. Will there be negative balance fees or if can I just clear out the negative balance by putting in money from my bank?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi greenbuttmnky, and welcome to the forums!

PayPal never charges overdraft fees, but your bank might. 😞 I'm sorry to hear that your funding method wasn't the one you intended to select. It's important to review the final page before clicking to complete a payment. Is the bank an active account? Were you able to fund the account before the charge hit?

If the bank is not an active account, I recommend removing it from your profile and adding a new bank account. Keeping your account information up to date should also be a high priority. Besides causing charges to go where you do not intend, outdated or incorrect account credentials can cause all kinds of inconvenience down the road if you forget your password.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.