Add Funds; 3-5 days?

LittleBob
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I am a new to PayPal, but not to banking.

After moving money from my bank account to PayPal 5 days ago, I now know how they can do it (I hope) without fees.

The money that was transferred was processed by my bank on day 1.

The transfer was cleared on day 2.

I will give the ACH and PayPal a day for good measure.

It is now day 5 and still the money is not showing up in my PayPal account.

PayPal is sitting on my money collecting interest or whatever while I am still waiting.

I will be making my intended purchase and payment by US Mail today.

I bet that the payment by mail is completed before I see any results via PayPal.

Suggestion:

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

US mail, best yet.

After the funds appear (hopefully) in my PayPal account, I will transfer them back to my bank account Hopefully) and close my PayPal account.

LittleBob

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

LittleBob
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal: day 4; Transaction Completed, the money is in my bank account.

US Mail: day 4; "I think he did."; my purchase has been completed, my bank is processing the check.

I will be closing PayPal today.

I wonder, maybe my mortgage account and 401K information will be required.

LittleBob

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

LittleBob
Contributor
Contributor

Update:

Paypal: day 6; money finally made it to my PayPal account, they now require credit card information?

US Mail: day 1; and the little white truck said "I think I can, I think I can.".

PayPal to bank transfer initiated.

LittleBob

Login to Me Too

LittleBob
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal: day 2; money no longer in PayPal account, shows pending, no activity at bank?

US Mail: day 2; "I think I can, I think I can.".

Login to Me Too

Ealadin31
New Community Member

I hear you on this issue I too am not a fan of this wait on money especially since they take it on day 1

Login to Me Too
Solved

LittleBob
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal: day 4; Transaction Completed, the money is in my bank account.

US Mail: day 4; "I think he did."; my purchase has been completed, my bank is processing the check.

I will be closing PayPal today.

I wonder, maybe my mortgage account and 401K information will be required.

LittleBob

Login to Me Too

Ealadin31
New Community Member

I hear you on this issue I too am not a fan of this wait on money especially since they take it on day 1

Login to Me Too

jbalaska
New Community Member

I agree too. I had thousands withdrawn from my bank account, Acutally Transferred to Paypal 2 days ago and paypal sat on it for 2 days now! and I still do not see it? This sounds like a possible Class Action Lawsuit to me. The Banks have pulled this crap for decades until they were forced to provide immediate availablilty. Maybe Paypal and other Internet financial companies have the same old ego PROFIT ideas that need to be brought down!

Login to Me Too

cathleen1
Contributor
Contributor

Exactly my thought. A class action lawsuit sounds great to me!

Login to Me Too

mike73
New Community Member

I think it is high time someone files a lawsuit against them.  It is not fair to us for them to do with our money what they want .  LETS STOP EM

Login to Me Too

cathleen1
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having my first experience with the problems I've read about on the forums. I am still waiting for my money to appear in my bank acct! It seems to have disappeared, as it is no longer in my Paypal acct and my bank doesn't have it... I wish I could close my Paypal acct too, but it is the only way to get paid from the site I work for. Apparently Paypal doesn't care about all the negative publicity it gets because I don't see any responses to the many posts with concerns and it seems next to impossible to speak to a live representative!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.