suspicious activity txt received

RetsudoYagyu
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. I have made an Ebay purchase today. I shortly afterwards received a mobile phone txt from Paypal saying the purchase activity was marked suspicious and asking me to respond "1" to confirm it was my purchase or "2" to mark it as unauthorised. I responded with "1" but then received a follow up txt saying the payment was not completed as the phone number or email was not valid. I'm not sure how to proceed now since neither my phone number nor my email have changed. Indeed I received my usual Paypal email confirming the purchase and the txt I received was sent to my usual and only mobile phone number. Checking my purchase history on Paypal the amount shows up properly as paid to the seller. Do I need to do anything or is everything proceeding as usual despite the follow up txt? Thank you for any assistance.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

lisapettman
New Community Member

I have not received a text but several e-mails over the last week or so.  I assume that as I have not got any messages in my notifications that these e-mails are some sort of phishing or something.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

lisapettman
New Community Member

I have not received a text but several e-mails over the last week or so.  I assume that as I have not got any messages in my notifications that these e-mails are some sort of phishing or something.

Login to Me Too

RetsudoYagyu
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.