security

galinast
New Community Member

Please see the message below and advise if it is sent from Pay Pal team?

We have detected an intrusion into your account made by a 3rd party person.
For this reason alone, we have implemented a security measure to protect
you and your account by applying limitations to your account.
When your account gets limited, we're simply asking you to provide
sufficient information to confirm that the account does belong to you.
Please download the attached form in this email and confirm your
identity with us.

Once you have submitted the form back to us, our security team will immediately
review your information and your account will get restored back to normal.

I am receiving all the time similar messages

Kind regargsrd

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi galinast,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

I can confirm that this email is not from PayPal. We will never ask you to download a form or send personal information via email. If we do need to confirm information with you we will ask you to log in as normal and upload to our secure sever via the resolution centre.

You’ll know that an email is not from PayPal when:

• The email uses a generic greeting like ‘Dear user’ or ‘Hello, PayPal member'. We always address you by your first name and last name or the business name on your PayPal account.
  • The email requests financial and other personal information. For example, an email from PayPal never asks for the numbers of your bank account, debit or credit card, or driving licence. We also don’t request your email addresses, your full name, your account password, or the answers to your PayPal security questions.
  • The email includes an attachment or a software update to install on your computer.

If you think you’ve received a phishing email, forward it to spoof@paypal.com. Then delete the fake email from your inbox.

If you have replied to a fake email with financial or personal information, or you entered personal information on a fake website:

• Change your PayPal password and security questions immediately.
  • Contact your bank or the company that issued the credit card or debit card on your PayPal account and tell them about the situation.
  • Review your PayPal transaction history to make sure there are no unauthorised transactions for your account.

To learn more about fake emails or websites and online safety, log in to your account and click ‘Security Centre’.

I hope you find this useful.

Rachael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.