scam email

Mickyvgb
New Community Member

You sent a payment Transaction ID: 281138078J760221L

Dear,

You sent a payment for £251.00 GBP to Evolution RC Ltd.

Please note that it may take a little while for this payment to appear in the Recent Activity list on your Account Overview.

View the details of this transaction online and verification of credit card

If you want to cancel the operation, please click here and follow the steps.

Amount: £251.00 GBP Sent on: 04 October 2013

Yours sincerely,
PayPal

Login to Me Too
36 REPLIES 36

Blissgirl2
New Community Member

I fell for this one! Yikes! Tried to close the link after I clicked on it and reload the TRUE PayPal website, which I did twice. The site kept returning to a page which repeated requests to confirm details about me and my account. So, I figured PayPAl was concerned I was being hacked too and wanted to confirm I was who I said I was. I re-entered everything about my account: Name, Address, Email, BD, password, credit card account and 3 digit number..... Argh!

The next morning the credit fraud dept from my bank called me to report suspicious withdrawals. They got me.

Now, I m in the midst of replacing my credit card, changing numerous accounts and passwords, reporting officially as a victim of ID Theft and so on.

Afterward, I also noticed the email appears to have been sent from my own account! How do they do that? Using two separate virus scanners, I located 6 different Phishing items on my computer. Memo to all: clean your computers several times and delete their spyware. They are in your system finding out your information.

Here is the email:

Date: Saturday, June 7, 2014 at 8:25 AM

To: TB <t****@****.ca>

Subject: PayPal Successful Transaction 102.05 $ CA

PayPal You sent a payment               Transaction ID: 281138078J760221L

Dear,

You sent a payment for 102.05 Canadian Dollar (CAD) to Evolution RC Ltd. Please note that it may take a little while for this payment to appear in the Recent Activity list on your Account Overview.

If you want to cancel the operation click here follow the instructions.

Ámount: 102.05 $ CA Sent on: June 7, 2014

Yours sincerely, PayPal

Help Centre | Resolution Centre | Safety Advice Please do not reply to this email because we are not monitoring this inbox. To get in touch with us, log in to your account and click "Contact Us" at the bottom of any page. Copyright A© 2014 PayPal. All rights reserved. PayPal Cie, S.C.A. Soci?©t?© en Commandite par Actions Registered office: 22-24 Boulevard Royal, L-2449 Luxemburg RCS Luxemburg B 118 349

Login to Me Too

Powerenhancer

We are the legal owners of Evolution RC Ltd.

Please note that we are a legitimate UK business. However, it appears that an organised crime group outside of the UK targeting legitimate businesses has spoofed our email address and company name in an attempt to defraud.

They send an email from what appears to be a legitimate email address (unfortunately this is easy to do) and company entity. The content of the email leads you into believing that PayPal have processed a payment from your account thus enticing you to logon to PayPal, except that it is a spoof site that is only intended to capture your logon credentials in order to steal funds from your account.

These emails are no different from fraudsters pretending to be from eBay, Coca Cola, Barclays or HMRC etc etc. These and similar groups target new companies every day.

PLEASE IGNORE THE EMAIL AND DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS OR PROVIDE ANY ACCOUNT DETAILS.

Kind regards,

Andy

Login to Me Too

missleaann2002
New Community Member

thank you for responding and lettingus all know

Login to Me Too

AVAMAY
New Community Member

I got the same thing,  Looks very legit , and I nealry filled it out as well, but then I thought to actually check my account with paypal,  scammers get caught I hope

Login to Me Too

missleaann2002
New Community Member

i have just received an email saying the same thing, that i made a payment to evolution rc ltd i was wondering what it was for but now i see im not the only one getting it what is it for? n what can i do about it

Login to Me Too

faire1too
Contributor
Contributor

Got an email an hour ago like these, only with Canadian dollars and a link to cancel the transaction.

Login to Me Too

kristine4christ
New Community Member

same here should i just delete it 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.