scam email

Mickyvgb
New Community Member

You sent a payment Transaction ID: 281138078J760221L

Dear,

You sent a payment for £251.00 GBP to Evolution RC Ltd.

Please note that it may take a little while for this payment to appear in the Recent Activity list on your Account Overview.

View the details of this transaction online and verification of credit card

If you want to cancel the operation, please click here and follow the steps.

Amount: £251.00 GBP Sent on: 04 October 2013

Yours sincerely,
PayPal

Login to Me Too
36 REPLIES 36

sgtwhite
New Community Member
I have just had this email
Login to Me Too

blondescorpian
New Community Member

I received one also .. but to an msn account and this account I use for PayPal is Yahoo. but it did look good and the page that  I was sent to looked like a PayPal site though  non of the other suposed hot links worked. only the  boxes where I could type my log in details. worked.... . which of course i did not put in .. please dont anyone log in there. ... Check things out with logging into Paypal and putting in the id that they give .. or look in help forums.

Login to Me Too

jtwirecloth
New Community Member

mine started with.....You sent a mobile payment for £91.20 GBP to name. 

I just ignore these, if in doubt go directly to paypal ...do not click on any links

Login to Me Too

Elth
Contributor
Contributor

Hello fellow Paypal users i too have recieved this email over the past two weeks, three times each time from a so called company called Evolution RC LTD. Each time I have reported the scam emails to PAYPAL but is there a way to stop it from happening again? 

Many thanks K.Williams

Login to Me Too

Fran1
New Community Member

Had two of those within an hour!

Login to Me Too

SnowFalcon
New Community Member

just received this letter this morning.  

Login to Me Too

kara-delarosa21
New Community Member

How can we keep this from continuing to happen? can these people really get our information? I did forward that email to the spoof@paypal.co.uk...what is that really going to do though??

Login to Me Too

StitchingIvy

If you are receiving these emails and know that you have not send any kind of payment, report them to your country's Anti-Fraud unit. 

In Canada, this is the email to forward such emails to PhoneBusters which is the Canadian AntiFraud Section.  Google Phone Busters and there is an email address you can forward scam emails to.

StitchingIvy

Login to Me Too

Barbarananda
New Community Member
I have just received this scam email a couple of days ago. Looks like it is coming around again.
Login to Me Too

Mizzenmast
New Community Member

Just received:

Dear,

You sent a payment for 170.10 Canadian Dollar (CAD)to Evolution RC Ltd.

Please note that it may take a little while for this payment to appear in the Recent Activity list on your Account Overview.

Do I just not respond?  What should I do?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.