scam email

Mickyvgb
New Community Member

You sent a payment Transaction ID: 281138078J760221L

Dear,

You sent a payment for £251.00 GBP to Evolution RC Ltd.

Please note that it may take a little while for this payment to appear in the Recent Activity list on your Account Overview.

View the details of this transaction online and verification of credit card

If you want to cancel the operation, please click here and follow the steps.

Amount: £251.00 GBP Sent on: 04 October 2013

Yours sincerely,
PayPal

Login to Me Too
36 REPLIES 36

hajiness

Yes the exact thing happened to me today? Did you figure out how to fix the problem. Its happened twice to me now 😞

Login to Me Too

StitchingIvy

Disregard it, or forward the email to your countries Anti-Fraud Section.  If you know you didn't send this company anymoney, mark it as junk too.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Good advice @StitchingIvy Smiley Happy

Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Leathersmithe

Just received the same one today and would have contacted PayPal to register my ire but it looks like that's unecessary.  Just another irritant, a burr in my Internet sock - a scammer, a vile and low crittur, Phishing for Phools like me.

Login to Me Too

CharlieCB
New Community Member

I"ve recieved it 3 times now, always sent from myself so I cant block the emails either...

Login to Me Too

paulcunny
New Community Member
I've had this email! i rang paypal & they confirmed its a fake email & that my account was safe & secure! just to delete the email & check my account for any deductions if i get anymore!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Conor

Hi All,

I hope you don't me jumping in on this thread.

I'd like to just echo what paulcunny has confirmed, that this email is not a genuine email from PayPal.

Could I ask you all to please forward the email to spoof@paypal.co.uk and then delete it from you inbox?

You'll know an email is not from PayPal when:

-The email uses a generic greeting like 'Dear User' or 'PayPal member'. In this email the sender has just used 'Dear'.

-The email requests financial and other personal information or encourages you to dispute a payment

-The email includes an attachment or a software update to install to your PC.

I hope this helps guysSmiley Happy

Conor

Login to Me Too

waddha
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, the 'Dear,' by itself looked like it was a scam, along with the weird URLs for the links and the out-of-date transactions/incorrect details -- only when it had arrived several times in the same day did it seem like a good idea to check whether it was just me!

I've forwarded them to spoof@paypal.co.uk as suggested.

Login to Me Too

KSutt88
New Community Member

Have received the exact same email myself. Smiley Indifferent

Login to Me Too

j_sheard
New Community Member

Exact same email for me as well

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.