paypal emails

daisy4564
New Community Member

i keep getting emails from paypal asking to update my details i need to know if thee are genuine before i stick my bank detais on this

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sl1ced
Contributor
Contributor

well paypal.com is the offical site so update them on there but i would say anything else is a scam, paypal never ask for your details unless your adding bank accounts etc on here, they wil never ask through email

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi Daisy4564,

If you have received an email advising you to click on a link in the email and provide your bank account or credit/debit card information through the link, it would not have been sent by PayPal. If you are being asked to update your information on your PayPal account, you can go directly to your PayPal account and update the information through there. Please ensure that you do not click on any links in the email, if you wish to go to your PayPal account, you should open a new browser window and log in that way.

Ensuring that emails are really from PayPal:

Check the greeting. We always address you by your first and last name, or the business name on your PayPal account.

See if the email asks for personal information. A PayPal email will never ask you for any of the following:

•  Bank account numbers
•  Debit and credit card numbers
•  Driver's license number
•  Email addresses
•  Your full name
•  Your password, or answers to your PayPal account security questions

Check for attachments. We will never send an attachment or software updates to install on your computer.

If you think you've received a fraudulent email, forward the email to spoof@paypal.com and then delete it from your mailbox.

I hope this information helps Smiley Happy,

David.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.