fake e-mail address

Alexandra10
New Community Member

Hello, 

Is this a real e-mail address: support@intl-pal.org  ???

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Alexandra10

Very much doubt it.

Firstly how did that email address you? If it was not by your full name then it would be a spoof.

Secondly if there was a link OR attachment in that email to ''cancel'' the transaction then again it would be a spoof.

If there was a problem with your account paypal would not ask you to click on an unsafe link in an email, they would direct you to log in normally and go to the resolution or the message centre for more information.

More info here >>
https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/how-to-spot-fake-emails-faq2340/2

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Alexandra10
New Community Member

It addressed me by my full name but what is fishy is that I received e-mails that I`ve been paid but I can`t have the money until I pay the shipping company...

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Alexandra10

Wish you had said that in your first post, if you had i would have posted this instead  >>

THIS IS A TYPICAL PAYPAL SCAM.

They encourage you to use paypal.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't.

It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.

They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

OR

If the item requires shipping they will tell you that they will pay you extra and you must pay the shipping agent via western union / moneygram BEFORE the funds are released to you.

They are not interested in the item, they just want the western union etc funds and you will never see money in your paypal balance.

They also threaten legal action...have a laugh at that one and ignore it as its rubbish.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.

Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.

Paypal NEVER expect you to use a rival money transfer service eg western union or moneygram.

Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.