email regarding possible fraud alert codes cant get through

ellielloydster
New Community Member

i received an email saying i have to confirm my bank details or my paypal will be suspended it has an alert code to call and can't get through please help I can't afford for them to suspend my account

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_david

Hi there Ellielloydster,

I have a feeling that the email you received was not sent by PayPal but I am not 100% sure so I will give you some advice on this. One thing I will say however is that we would not suspend your account if you don't confirm your bank details with us.

You should always check the greeting. We always address you by your first and last name, or the business name on your PayPal account.

See if the email asks for personal information. A PayPal email will never ask you for any of the following:

• Bank account numbers
• Debit and credit card numbers
• Driver's license number
• Email addresses
• Your full name
• Your password, or answers to your PayPal account security questions

Check for attachments. We will never send an attachment or software updates to install on your computer.

If you think you've received a fraudulent email, forward the email to spoof@paypal.com and then delete it from your mailbox.

For more information on spoof and phishing emails, you can go directly to the Safety Advice section on your PayPal account by clicking here.

I hope this information helps Smiley Happy

David.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.