deactivate security key login

yogaalice
New Community Member

Hi I'd like to deactivate the security key login but can't find out how to. Please help!

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Please note that the Community Forum is not Customer Support.  The Help Forum is primarily a member to member help group. Most "Advisers" are online business owners who have years of experience using and working with PayPal. The Advisers "volunteer" their time to help other members where possible.

For specific account related assistance such as yours, you would need contact PayPal's Customer Support Department direct, this can be done via email, phone or through Twitter @AskPayPal or via Private Message on their Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/PayPal

Login to Me Too

hennaboy
Contributor
Contributor

Dont really see how that is a helpful reply.

I am having the same issue. This should be in your profile as stated by Paypal however its not.

Dont bother to email Paypal you get no reply.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Sophie

Hi hennaboy and yogaalice,

Welcome to the Community Forum! Finding the option to deactivate your security key can be tricky, and our volunteer advisers would not have access to the steps to complete this action, which is why snowshoe has recommended contacting Customer Support for assistance with this 🙂

However, I'm glad to provide the correct steps for you to do this. Here’s how to deactivate your PayPal Security Key:

1. Go to www.paypal.co.uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click ‘Profile’ near the top of the page.
  3. Select ‘My account settings.’
  4. Click 'Update' in the Security Key section.
  5. Select which Security Key you want to deactivate and click ‘Deactivate Security Key.’ 

Any issues with this at all, please let us know.

Thanks!

Sophie

Login to Me Too

longshaw
New Community Member

Hi, 

Please coudl we have an update for this process as the deactivate does not work

Login to Me Too

Maggieq
New Community Member

Click preferences (wheel top right corner of screen)

Click security

Should be a list including security key, if so click the pencil and select remove

This worked for me after a lot of frustration trying to find out how to remove it

Login to Me Too

whyisitsohard
Contributor
Contributor
this does not work all it lets you do is update the number please tell us how to turn it off its so annoying
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.