Wrong bank account being used?!

Kaytiiemaii
Contributor
Contributor

So although I actually only have one account set up on here, my partner keeps having things I have paid for taken out of his account when I used paypal through eBay. 

He doesnt have an eBay account and has never had a paypal so I'm at a complete loss at how this is even possible. 

Could having a joint bank account effect this at all, even though no money ever gets used from that and it's his own personal one that is used? 

Has anyone else had and been able to resolve this problem?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

jmwh7626
New Community Member
I have similar issue as the wrong account is being used for payments. I set system to use a different account as Preferred Account for payments yet money keeps being taken from old account. I tried removing old account but system does not allow me to do so.
Login to Me Too

Domno
New Community Member
Hi. I have the exact same problem. EBay purchases using PayPal are being debited from my partner's bank account even though it's not linked to Paypal and she doesn't even have an Ebay account! I don't even know how this is possible. Only thing I can think of is that it is something to do with our joint account. Did you manage to resolve this? I don't know how to sort this out. Many thanks.
Login to Me Too

Kim19611
Contributor
Contributor

I recently had this problem after purchasing something from EBay.  However the payment was taken from my mums bank account.  Her card details were once registered on PayPal, but had been deleted months ago.  I have serious concerns regarding how secure PayPal is.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.