Unusual activity report

dkemed
New Community Member

I received an email from paypal and want to verify it is legit before replying.

PayPal

Reference #PP-343-624-713-991

Account Status UpdateResponse required
Change your password and security questionsUpon receipt

Dear Customer,

Recently, we noticed an unusual activity in your PayPal account. Please log in to your PayPal account to confirm your identity and update your password and security questions.

To help protect your PayPal account, no one can withdraw money or send money. In addition, no one can close your account, send refunds, remove credit cards, remove any bank accounts, add a bank account, add a card, or add money to your account.

What's going on?

We're concerned that someone is using your PayPal account without your knowledge. Recent activity from your PayPal account seems to have occurred from a suspicious location or under unusual circumstances.

What to do?Log in to your PayPal account as soon as possible. We may ask you to confirm information you provided when you created your PayPal account to make sure you're the account holder. We'll then ask you to change your password and security questions.

You should also do the following for your own protection:

• Provide the information needed. The sooner your provide the information we need, the sooner we can resolve the situation.
What's next?

Please log in to your PayPal account and follow the steps there to confirm your identity and recent account activity. To help protect your account, your PayPal account will remain limited until you complete the necessary steps.

If you need further assistance, please click Contact at the bottom of any PayPal page.

Sincerely,

PayPal

Please do not reply to this email because we are not monitaoring this inbox. To get in touch with us, log in to your account and click "Contact Us" at the bottom of any page.

Copyright © 1999-2017 PayPal Inc. All rights reserved.

Consumer advisory: PayPal Pte Ltd, the Holder of the PayPal™ payment service stored value facility, does not require the approval of the Monetary Authority of Singapore. Consumers (users) are advised to read the terms and conditions carefully.

PayPal Email ID PP1779 - af8492f62c200

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Intars

Hi dkemed,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

There are a few easy ways for you to tell which emails from us are legitimate—and which might be fake or phishing emails. We never use a generic greeting like "Dear Customer" or "Hello, PayPal member". We always address you by your first name and last name or the business name on your PayPal account. Any time you receive an email about activity on your PayPal account, the safest way to confirm the emails’ validity is to log in to your PayPal account via the PayPal website (not using the links in the email received). Any of the activity reported in the email will be available to view. If you think you’ve received a fake email, forward it to spoof@paypal.co.uk. Then delete the fake email from your inbox. Click "Security" at the bottom of the PayPal homepage to learn more about fake emails and websites and online safety.

Intars

Login to Me Too

Jessieros
Contributor
Contributor
I have also received two similar messages,properly addressed to my full name, but when I log in there is no sign of unusual activity. Why am I getting these mails?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.