U.S. PayPal account - can't use PayPal for Uber in Mexico?

ihppfuber
Contributor
Contributor

I have a U.S. PayPal account and want to use it as the payment method for Uber in Mexico -- I am in Mexico for 6 months and have to change credit cards every several months, so it would be a pain to have to change the payment method in Uber all the time.  I get a message when I try to select PayPal as the payment method in Uber that there was a technical difficulty and to try again later.  Needless to say, later never works either.

Uber says that the country set up in PayPal must match my Uber location (currently Mexico).   How do I update my PayPal account to allow use in Mexico for Uber?

Thanks to all.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ihppfuber

Paypal is country specific so if you move country you have to open another paypal account in that country and add an address / phone number / and bank accounts from within that country.

U.S users can add their bank accounts to other countries paypal accounts.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ihppfuber
Contributor
Contributor

I haven't moved to another country.  I am in Mexico as a tourist and want to use PayPal to pay for Uber.  I have not changed my address, and have no address in Mexico.  I am unable to add a debit card or a crebit card either as a payment method -- I get a message that says 'Something went wrong.  Please try again later.'  Very uninformative message.

There are other U.S. persons here in Mexico who are able to use Uber and pay using their PayPal account, credit card or debit card.  Since apparently PayPal won't let me add it as a payment method for Mexico for Uber, I am at a loss as to what to do.  I don't understand why other U.S. tourists have no problem paying Uber electronically.

Any help appreciated.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.