Threats to suspent my account !

Shelley_31
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I received this email. No payment has been sent to my account.  Is this what happens when they suspend somesones account on eBay because it was suspicious

Dear Shelley ,   We send you this email to remind you again.   We have already deducted the money from the Mrs Aladun Jones account,We have the money  waiting in our escrow account for you to clear .Send the shipping reference number  to us at (email address removed) so as to credit you account.We give you 16 hours to send the correct shipping reference number on the receipt given to you at the post office,we are doing this due to problems we had with other clients.   If you choose to ignore our request, you leave us no choice but to temporarily suspend your account..

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

red-bay
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

That is a spoof email. A spoof email is an email sent to someone that appears to have come from an organisation but doesnt. Neither ebay, nor paypal would send that message.

Forward it to spoof@paypal.com and spoof@ebay.co.uk for confirmation.

Dont send anything to that buyer Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

red-bay
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

That is a spoof email. A spoof email is an email sent to someone that appears to have come from an organisation but doesnt. Neither ebay, nor paypal would send that message.

Forward it to spoof@paypal.com and spoof@ebay.co.uk for confirmation.

Dont send anything to that buyer Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Wayne

Hi,

I agree with red-bay, it's not an email that would be sent by either eBay or PayPal.

Following red-bay's instructions is what you should do Smiley Happy

Wayne 

Login to Me Too

Shelley_31
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks .

Ive sent the email on

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.