Suspicious message from a "paypal mail"

Originalen
Contributor
Contributor

Hello!

I'm trying to sell my Iphone to a guy in Africa. Associated to this I received this mail (below). I'm very suspicious because my name was not mention, and because i have to respond within 24 hours. This is the way paypal do it? I've also received a couple of mails from "paypal", witch says "To see all the transaction details, log in to your PayPal account" but I cant find it... Pls help! NB: I made a space between @ and "paypal", and @ and "account" in the mail adress in topic and text, cause paypal wouldnt release this question as the full mail was mention. I dont know why. Anyway, here is the mail i received:

To: my mail adress was written here.

Topic: You are secure (Command 180293591121) IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUIRED

We want you to know that 6150.00 NOK has been deducted from the buyer account and we want you to get the item ship and get back to us with the shipment details so that we can verify it and credit your account immediately and we are given you 12-24 hours to get back to us with the shipment details.  

Thanks

PayPal Team

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Originalen

Please don't put duplicate threads on the board its unfair to others waiting their turn and also wastes time putting a comment on each of them to get them out of "contribute".

Heres your answer >>>

THIS IS A TYPICAL PAYPAL SCAM.

They encourage you to use paypal and often ask you to send the item as a gift to a relative somewhere often Nigeria.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't.

It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.

They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

They also threaten legal action...have a laugh at that one and ignore it as its rubbish.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send trackable, they advise it for seller protection etc but it is not compulsory.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.

Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Originalen

Please don't put duplicate threads on the board its unfair to others waiting their turn and also wastes time putting a comment on each of them to get them out of "contribute".

Heres your answer >>>

THIS IS A TYPICAL PAYPAL SCAM.

They encourage you to use paypal and often ask you to send the item as a gift to a relative somewhere often Nigeria.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't.

It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.

They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

They also threaten legal action...have a laugh at that one and ignore it as its rubbish.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send trackable, they advise it for seller protection etc but it is not compulsory.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.

Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Originalen
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks kernowlass! Very helpful! Smiley Wink

Actually i didnt know it was duplicated... When i tried to post my thread it always gave me errormessage. But I will mark it as "solved"!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.