Suspicious email today

OHteacher
New Community Member

I received an email claiming that I sent a payment to someone selling something on eBay. I didn't recognize the item and the amount was written incorrectly-100,18. I checked my Paypal account through the secure website and didn't see the transaction so I'm assuming it was a phishing scam. Just giving everyone a heads up. These hackers are getting more creative and sneaky every day. A few days ago, I got an email that said my iTunes account was locked and panicked until I found out it was also a scam. It seemed pretty legit and for a moment, I was almost fooled. Be careful out there everyone and stay sharp. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Donna

Hi OHteacher,

Welcome to the PayPal community and thank you for making us aware of this.

Any time you receive an email about activity on your PayPal account, the safest way to confirm the emails’ validity is to log in to your PayPal account via the PayPal website (not using the links in the email received). Any of the activity reported in the email will be available to view. When you receive a payment, you’ll see the money in your account right away. If you still have those emails, please forward to review@paypal.com.

Donna

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.