Suspicious e-mail - is genuine!! I think!

ladylou
Contributor
Contributor

OK, usually receive a few spoofs from time to time, but got one yesterday that appeared genuine.   Did not click directly from e mail, but went into PayPal as normal.   On the right was a notification that there was a problem and told me to click notifications, which I did, but I have none, and it says if I did, it could not find them!!

Really confused now, hav'nt changed cards or anything, and no problems recently, so have no clue as to what is happening, worrying?   Anyone got any idea what is going on, and is this normal?

Many thanks

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

ladylou
Contributor
Contributor

OK very helpful? automated response from PayPal, sure you have all had one at one time or another.   Having spent time reading it, there was no answer to my request, so as they instructed I 'replied' to said e mail, clicking where indicated - this took me right back to where I sent my first e-mail, which had all the information they were now asking me to imput.   Does anyone these days have a clue what they are doing, and to think we trust them with our hard earned cash - frightening to say the least.    I did going round in circles in primary school, did not expect to be playing it again in my seventies.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Donna

Hi ladylou

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Any time you receive an email about activity on your PayPal account, the safest way to confirm the emails’ validity is to log in to your PayPal account via the PayPal website (not using the links in the email received). Any of the activity reported in the email will be available to view. 

If you still have concerns regarding the email you received, please forward it on to spoof@paypal.com and delete it from your inbox and sent items.

Donna

Login to Me Too

ladylou
Contributor
Contributor

Exactly the point I am making - If my posts are read by a human with a reasonable understanding, oh, dear I do not want to go there yet again!!!!

I said that I believed the e-mail was genuine, and yet no-one at PayPal can actually confirm or deny it - what help is that!!!!

I gave further information that when I log into my account as normal the instruction appears on my summary page telling me to go to notifications as there is a problem with my account and I need to do 'something' to free up the full account   There is no notification in my account, so, calling any humanoid working at Pay Pal what the H... is going on, You seem to be saying that even after logging into my account and NOT directly from the original e mail, you are absolutely either unable or unwilling to actually check my account and what is happening.

This is just NOT acceptable PayPal

Login to Me Too

PayPal_DavidR

Hi there,

This is a community forum for user to user help and advice and not PayPal customer service. Should you require assistance from PayPal you should contact PayPal directly.  This can be done via Facebook/Twitter, email or by calling freephone 0800 358 7911.

-David R

Login to Me Too

ladylou
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your response, I am aware of that, and I HAVE contacted paypal, this thread is telling others about the automated service that I keep getting!   This DOES NOT deal with my problem it is having me go round and round and round in circles.   It keeps telling me what I should do (automated) and then just takes me back to the beginning again.

I have a hearing defect (not helped by T link etc.) so my ONLY course of action is in writing via e-mail or Royal Mail.   Surely your e-mail service is at some time looked at by a humanoid?   That is all I am asking for!

I re-iterate - Not Good enough PayPal.

Login to Me Too

ladylou
Contributor
Contributor

......oh and at my age I do not use Social Media!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.