Suspicious Email

sarkanyjudit
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I have received 4 strange emails.

The email address I received these emails is on another email account of mine that is not signed up to paypal. I could sign in with all of my 4 '@citromail.hu' addresses, but I think I do not registered with all of them to paypal! 

The 4 emails I received are titled 'YOUR ACCOUNT HAS BEEN IIMITED UNTII WE HEAR FROM YOU'. The emails are automated emails in which I am asked not to reply.

These emails are about that my account will be closed and inform me that "We had some problems with your PayPal account. Please update your account information. This is last change to update your account or we will have to close the account.

What do I need to do?

Please read about Limits PayPal Service and update your information."

They are asking me to click a confirm email button ('Confirm my Account now').

If I clicked on the button it went to a page (https://centerservicesecurityhlpers.com/) where I could sign in with all my '@citromail.hu' addresses (also with those which are not registered to PayPal, as I remember). I could use different security codes, all went to the a page centerservicesecurityhlpers.com (an 'e' is missing).

Account Limited

Az űrlap teteje

ΡayΡal is constantly working to ensure security by regularly screening the accounts in our system. We recently reviewed your account, and we need more information to help us provide you with a secure service. Until we can collect this information, your access to sensitive account features will be limited. We would like to restore your access as soon as possible, and we apologise for the inconvenience.

Why is my account access limited?

Your account access has been limited for the following reason(s):

We noticed some unusual log in activity with your account. Please check that no one has logged in to your account without your permission. 

(Your case ID for this reason is PP-003-115-411-913.)

How can I get my account access restored?

It's usually pretty easy to take care of things like this. Most of the time, we just need a little more information about your account.

To help us with this and to find out what you can and can't do with your account until the issue is resolved.

Az űrlap alja

When I clicked on Continue button, they asked to give all the data of my address and then the data of my card - but at this point I did not contiuned it (I did not give my personal data, as my address, card data, etc.), so I do not know what will come later.

Can someone please inform me of what I should do please?

Kind regards,

Judit

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

This is 99.9% spoof trying to hijack your paypal info.

Why don't you log into your paypal account normally AND NOT VIA ANY LINKS IN THAT EMAIL. If when you have logged in everything is ok then its not limited is it !!!!

You’ll know that an email is not from PayPal when:

• The email uses a generic greeting like ‘Dear user’ or ‘Hello, PayPal member.’ We'll always address you by your first and last name or the business name on your PayPal account.
  • The email requests financial and other personal information. A real email from us will never ask for your bank account number, debit or credit card number etc. Also we'll never ask for your full name, your account password, or the answers to your PayPal security questions in an email.
  • The email asks you to provide the tracking number of a dispatched item, before you've received the payment into your PayPal account
  • The email includes a software update to install on your computer

I give up my time to help you so a thank you or kudos would be cool.

Marking one of my replies as a solution would be appreciated if I sorted your problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

sarkanyjudit
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you very much for your help.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

your welcome.   Smiley Happy

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.