graham01
graham01 New Community Member
New Community Member
Kudos: 0

Suspicious Email from service @ intl.paypal.com

Hello,

I have received 2 strange email's from this email address 'service @ intl.paypal.com'. I found another similar topic that says this is a genuine paypal address but it doesn't make any sense.

The email address I received these email's is on another email account of mine that is not signed up to paypal. 

The 2 email's I received are titled 'Your account has been limited until we hear from you' and the other 'Welcome to PayPal'. The latter is asking me to click a confirm email button. What is more strange is they are addressing a 'lee tom' which isn't even my name, and I do not believe it is possible for someone to accidentally mistype my email because it is a student address constructed from my course initials, year I started, my own initials, and the name of the university itself.

Can someone please inform me of what I should do please?

Regards,

Graham

0 Kudos
PayPal_paula
PayPal_paula Administrator
Administrator
Kudos: 85

Re: Suspicious Email from service @ intl.paypal.com

Hi graham01, 

When PayPal send you an email we will always address you using your full name and we never put links in our emails. However as the email address seems to be addressing someone elses name I would suggest that you contact us to confirm the emails you have been receiving. 

To contact us please click on the contact us link at the bottom of every PayPal page. 

I hope this helps 

Paula 

0 Kudos
MervinDomanico
MervinDomanico New Community Member
New Community Member

HI,

i got an email with the same email address and i sent it to spoof@paypal.com. can you please send the correct link of Paypal where we can register. is there a fake website of this?

THanks,

Mervin

0 Kudos
Old_Tramper
Old_Tramper Member

I suspect the following email I received is a fraud.

Please advise if otherwise.

"The Visa linked to your PayPal account has expired
"Dear Ian Fleming,

"We noticed your Visa ending in 8514 has expired. Please update your card's expiration date and card security code (CSC) as soon as possible so you can continue using it with PayPal. Be sure to activate your new card with your bank first.

"If you've already updated your PayPal account with your new card information, please disregard this email.

"Update card details

"Yours sincerely,
"PayPal"

- Old_Tramper

0 Kudos
maddog_miller
maddog_miller New Community Member
New Community Member

I received a similar email this morning.  On closer inspection, I noticed the email was from intl.paypa"i".com. (without the quotes).  The last letter in paypal was cleverly replaced with a capital "i".  Most definitely a scam.

0 Kudos
NTGroup
NTGroup New Community Member
New Community Member

Hi,

This morning I just received an email similar as graham01 had received. "Welcome to Paypal...." from service[at]intl.paypal.com.

I do use Paypal with another email address, but Paypal recipient email address has never been used to sign up on Paypal ! Also email is addressed to "tom lee" with chinese address. Of course it is not my name and I do not leave in China.

What is the next process to be sure that no Paypal account will be used with my email address ? (Moreover my email address is build with firstname+lastname@companyname) .

What about the confirmation code within Paypal message ? How to contact Paypal and tell them to delete this account ?

Please help !

Regards

0 Kudos
gman013
gman013 New Community Member
New Community Member

I too have received the same email. Requesting email addy confirmation. It's an email address I have but not for paypal & gives an address in China & the acc name of lee Tom. I live in the UK! Can anyone advise?

0 Kudos
PayPal_Siobhán
Moderator PayPal_Siobhán Moderator
Kudos: 46

Hi there NTGroup, 

@gmail013

I have escalated both of your accounts to be reviewed, don't worry however there is no risk involved to your account or your information if someone has used your email address. 

Can I ask that you send an email from your actual PayPal account by clicking on 'Contact Us' at the bottom of the page and state the email address that you have received this email to.

Siobhán 

0 Kudos
stevogums
stevogums Member

I Too have this Lee tom on two of my recent transactions...

I cannot confirm payments as im not sure the transaction will be secure..

Whats my next move?

0 Kudos
pdiddycollins
pdiddycollins Member

Hello,

I recieved a few emails from the same address. I sold a ring online and the buyer contacted me via texting my sell phone. I told ghim that i would only accept payment via paypa. I got one email stating that the payment was recieve and deducted from the buyers paypal account and that it would be deposited into my account after I sent the tracking number.

After that I then got a "payment confrimation" email from the same address w/ the buyers email address and info on it.

From there it said to ship the item and when the tracking number is provided then the funds would be placed in my account.

I provided the tracking number when i shipped it on 10.11.2012 @9:56 AM.  The tracking number is CW654797111US. After that I athen got a email stating that they recieved the tracking number and the funds are still not in my account. Ive contacted paypal 2 times and all I get is a automatied response.

Anyone have any suggestions??????????

If anyone that works for paypal on here please assist. Ive been with paypal for 12 yrs and never had an issue untill now.

Thanks,

paypal id: philcollins_kid

0 Kudos