Suspicious Activity Email

abbjohn14

Had an email 10 days ago saying suspicious activity in my account. Tried to resolve issues and call or text was not recieved and basically couldn't use the account. ID was older than six months therefore useless to verify. Made a new account, linked to ebay and thought all was fine. Until, after selling some things and today recieving the money in the old, suspicious account. I am 90% sure I unlinked the old account and linked the new one in ebay. I cannot withdraw the money because of limitations, I'm pretty stuck, is there a way to either transfer the money to the new account or get back into the old one?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@abbjohn14

Its against Paypal rules to open another account if you have one that is limited, odds are the second one will be limited soon as well.

As for your funds if you did not change the email address to your new one DURING the listing process then your old email address may still be on that auction.

Go and find the transaction in your “my ebay” > click to the right where it says sell similar > don't fill in anything just scroll down to the payments section > look in the paypal box > is the email addy in there correct with no spelling mistakes?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

abbjohn14

Re other account, I used a new email

Login to Me Too

abbjohn14

I'm trying to ring them right now, it's been half an hour waiting, is this going to be useless?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.