Someone hacked my account and changed the email and phone number!?!?!

JakeCat
Contributor
Contributor

Hello paypal users,

I lost my account a couple of months ago and when I got back to create a new account, I realised my card is still linked to the other account. It only had $5 on it when it was hacked, and the card has no money on it so I doubt people use it. 

A couple of months ago someone logged into my account, changed the email and phone number, logged into my yahoo account and deleted the email to what email and number had been changed.

I have called paypal support and they aren't removing my card! Even when telling them I have evidence to proove it's mine. I'm so upset and considering it's the only credit card I have It's very annoying.

With my new account, I have tried to pay with my balance and got many errors, I messaged paypal support, they say I need to add a card onto the account, like seriously. I need this card off, It's so disappointing.

Anyone know what I can do? 😞

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Facetwister
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Hey JakeCat,
you should use the upload function for changing your name to upload proof that that one was/is your card.
Some sort of ID and a photo of the CC itself should suffice.
I wasn't hacked, but forgot my old email which they wouldn't tell me, so I had to make a new acc, upload proof and they moved my bank account to my new one.
Hope that helps you.

Best regards,
Face
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.