Someone created an account with my other email?

ChrisyTopher
New Community Member

Okay, I know I can search on google for this but none of the results have helped me, and I'm getting desperate. Smiley Sad

I have a few emails, and with one of them someone made a PayPal account.

I did not confirm the email address, just simply deleted the email asking for confirmation.

This morning I got another from paypal asking me to confirm, as it still hasn't been confirmed.

I decided I should go ahead and try and access the account, as trying to email Paypal about it won't work if I'm not the account holder.

Well, I tried to say that I forgot the password and entered the email and it says that they couldn't verify the account.

What should I do? Smiley Frustrated

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Sophie

Hi ChrisyTopher,

Welcome to the Community Forum and sorry to hear about this situation.

It definitely sounds like someone might have created an account using your email, most likely accidentally. I would suggest getting in touch with Customer Support so we can help with this issue, as we can't access any of your account details from here. We should be able to help with getting this issue resolved.

Alternatively, you can contact us via Facebook (www.facebook.com/PayPalUK) or Twitter (@AskPayPal) for assistance.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Sophie

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.