Seller can't access funds that i have sent

downtime13
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, just looking some help on a payment that was sent.

After sending payment the seller contacted me and told me to contact paypal when item arrived so that paypal could free up the money that i had sent, saying that paypal hold on to the money on till i contact them. So when the item arrived i contacted the seller to thank them and they asked me if i had contacted paypal to free the money which i did. Paypal told me that the money had been sent on the date of purchased. So contacted the seller again and told them that the money was sent and they said that they couldn't access it but said that they would give it a few days to see. So after a few day's they contacted me again and said that paypal had still not let them access the money and told me to contact them again to say that i got what i'd payed for which i did and again paypal told me that the money had been sent. I've contacted paypal a few times now and as far as i can see the money has been sent. Can any one tell please me if this happen's and if so what i need to do to help the seller out as i think it's only fair that they should have the payment when i have got the item. Any help on this would be much appreciated cheers.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Hi downtime13

Nothing more u can do that is the way it is with new sellers ppal hold the money for sometimes 21 days and will release it when they are happySend the seller this:_

What are Payment Holds?
We sometimes hold payments to newer sellers for 21 days for the security of both the sender and receiver. Once everyone is happy with the transaction, we make the funds available

To graduate from a ‘new seller’ status and avoid your payments being held, confirm your identity and complete sales successfully, avoiding disputes, to build up a good selling history.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Hi downtime13

Nothing more u can do that is the way it is with new sellers ppal hold the money for sometimes 21 days and will release it when they are happySend the seller this:_

What are Payment Holds?
We sometimes hold payments to newer sellers for 21 days for the security of both the sender and receiver. Once everyone is happy with the transaction, we make the funds available

To graduate from a ‘new seller’ status and avoid your payments being held, confirm your identity and complete sales successfully, avoiding disputes, to build up a good selling history.

Login to Me Too

downtime13
Contributor
Contributor

Hi minty1

Cheers for the reply and i will pass this info on to the seller. 

Thanks very much!

Login to Me Too

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

You're welcome

Can send this too

Why are my payments for non-eBay sales pending and how can I prevent this?

If you recently started to sell with PayPal and you don’t have any selling history with us, payments you receive (except eBay payments) are now being placed into your pending balance. As long as there are no problems with the transactions, you’ll have the money within 21 days.

Typically, you can access these payments within 7-14 days if you:

• Send the item to the buyer’s postal address, as shown on the Transaction Details page
  • Mark the item as sent on the Transaction Details page and provide the dispatch details (for digital goods, mark the item as processed on the Transaction Details page).

Once you complete the below requirements, you won’t be considered a new seller any more, and you should receive future payments sooner.

• Receive a predetermined number of payments
  • Wait a predetermined number of days from the date you received your first payment.

You can also view your remaining requirements and confirm your identity at any time by logging in to your account and visiting the Resolution Centre.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.